Effective Date: April 30, 2015
This website is owned and operated by Macmillan. Throughout the site, the terms “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Macmillan. Macmillan offers this website, including all information, features and services available from this website, to you the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. Your continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, policies and notices.
Purpose of This Site
This site is operated for the purpose of providing information on the products and/or services offered by Macmillan and its affiliates. Nothing on this site should be regarded as an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any product or service of Macmillan or its affiliates.
Your Use of This Site
Accuracy, Completeness and Timeliness of Information on the Site
We are not responsible if information we make available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the basis for making significant decisions without consulting primary or more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information necessarily is not current and is provided for your reference only. This site may also contain information provided by third parties, and opinions and views of third parties. We are under no obligation to verify any information provided by third parties, and the opinions and views expressed by third parties are not those of Macmillan, and are not endorsed by us. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the site.
Use of Material From This Site
This site (including but not limited to software, files, graphics and data found on the site) is the property of and owned by Macmillan or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and other countries. You may display and electronically copy, download and print hard copy versions of the material contained on the site for your personal and noncommercial use, provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice that appears on the material you copy, download or print. When you display, copy, download or print any material on or from the site, it is provided to you by Macmillan or its licensors under a license that is revocable. Macmillan and its licensors retain full and complete title to the material on this site and to any and all of the associated intellectual property rights. Any other use of the material on the site, including but not limited to the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, licensing, reverse engineering, transfer or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material, information, software, products or services obtained from the site is expressly prohibited.
Material You Submit
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any submission you make, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such material. Macmillan does not assure the confidentiality of any submission you make. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through this site any content that violates any of the Usage Rules below. If you do submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Macmillan and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such content throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. You grant Macmillan and its affiliates the right to use the name you submit in connection with such content, if they so choose. All personal information provided via this website will be handled in accordance with the site’s online Privacy Notice.
With respect to any materials you submit through this site (“User Content”):
- You acknowledge that if in our opinion the User Content raises any legal risks, we have the right to exclude such User Content from the site without any prior notice to you.
In connection with your use of this site, you agree:
- Not to submit or create any link to material that infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary or personal right of any third party; and not to submit or create a link to any material that is subject to any such right(s) unless you are the owner of such right(s), or have first obtained from the owner of such right(s) all necessary rights and permissions to grant the rights in such materials you grant under the section entitled “Material You Submit”, above;
- Not to submit or create any link to material that is unlawful, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Not to make any personal attack on any person, firm or company;
- Not to submit or create any link to material, or otherwise use this site for any purpose, that constitutes or encourages a criminal offense, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws;
- Not to misrepresent your identity, or impersonate any party, including but not limited to misrepresenting your current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations;
- Not to submit any material that you do not have the legal right to disclose;
- Not to submit or create any link to any material that is intentionally false or misleading, or is potentially damaging or harmful;
- Not to advertise or engage in any form of marketing on this site or use user information obtained through this site for marketing or other commercial purposes, or use this site to post or transmit “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- Not to submit or create any link to any material that contains software viruses or any other malicious computer code or programs that might damage, destroy or interfere with the proper functioning of any software, hardware or systems;
- Not to stalk or harass anyone;
- Not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of, or places an unreasonable burden on, the infrastructure of this site, or that would damage, compromise the security of, or disrupt this site or any connected network;
- Not to use this site to collect personal information about individuals;
- Not to post or make available private information of any third party;
- Not to use this site as a forwarding service to another website;
Monitoring and Termination;Repeat Offenders
Macmillan does not accept unsolicited manuscripts sent either through this or its publisher websites, and takes no responsibility for any manuscript transmitted in such manner.
Trademarks and Copyrights
This site features trademarks, service marks and logos that are the property of Macmillan and its affiliates or licensors. The site also may include trademarks, service marks or logos of other third parties. All of these trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners, and you agree not to use them in any manner without the prior written permission of the applicable owner. This site and all of its contents including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces and code, and the selection and arrangement thereof, is protected as a compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries.
Intellectual Property Rights of Others
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we request that our visitors do the same. If you think your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our copyright agent, who can be reached at:
120 Broadway, 22nd Floor
New York, NY 10271
Attention: Legal Department
Please include all of the following in your notification:
A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME. MACMILLAN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE NON-INFRINGING; THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE SITE WILL BE SECURE; THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE WILL BE VIRUS-FREE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR TIMELY. IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MACMILLAN OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MACMILLAN DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
IN CERTAIN STATES, THE LAW MAY NOT PERMIT ALL OR A PORTION OF THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. IN SUCH CASES, THE DISCLAIMER WILL APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER MACMILLAN NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER SITE YOU ACCESS THROUGH A LINK FROM THIS SITE OR FROM ANY ACTIONS WE TAKE OR FAIL TO TAKE AS A RESULT OF EMAIL MESSAGES YOU SEND US. THESE INCLUDE DAMAGES FOR ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAYS, COMPUTER VIRUSES, YOUR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO AND ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND DATA, AND OTHER TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE LOSSES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, AS THE RESULT OF NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OR A PORTION OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This site may contain links to other websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed the information on those other sites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked sites.
How to Contact Us
120 Broadway, 22nd Floor
New York, NY 10271
Attention: Legal Department
Thank you for visiting our site.