Humans love to reimagine the familiar—if we didn’t, there wouldn’t be so many reboots. But some reimaginings are just a little extra sparkly. Here’s a lucky seven set that’s sure to please the classics-lover in you (or a friend) who’s in the mood for a sharp and compelling twist….
The answer was an immediate YES.
In the run-up to Jean-Luc Picard’s return to television, Patrick Stewart has been making the publicity rounds on entertainment shows, weekly magazines, and the like. Wednesday morning found him on long-running daytime talk show The View where, as it turned out, he had a VERY specific mission: Invite Whoopi Goldberg into Picard season 2 to reprise her role as Guinan.
The Witcher is officially a TV phenomenon. Netflix has released the viewing stats for its shows, and according to Variety, 76 million households tuned into the Andrzej Sapkowski adaptation within the first month of its release. That means 46% of subscribers have tossed a coin to their witcher.
Over the past year or so, the cast and crew of Amazon Prime’s adaptation of Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time have been slowly uploading pictures of the scripts, unveiling titles and writers, and causing tons of speculation. This week’s installment comes courtesy of Egwene herself. Taking to her Instagram, actor Madeleine Madden snapped a picture of the script for episode 6 “The Flame of Tar Valon.”
Here are all the titles that have been revealed thus far, and what we think they entail for The Wheel of Time‘s storyline. Spoilers for The Eye of the World ahead!
Once again, Oscar Isaac will be the star of a film called Ex Machina. Or rather, this time, Oscar Isaac will be starring in a film based on a work called Ex Machina, whose name was changed for the adaptation, presumably to avoid confusion about which Oscar Isaac-starring Ex Machina filmgoers are talking about at any given time.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Oscar Isaac will be playing superhero-turned-politician Mitchell Hundred in The Great Machine, the film adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan and Tony Harris’ comic book series of a different name. He’ll also be producing the film, THR reports, alongside his manager and producer Jason Spire.
When the first teaser trailer for Morbius dropped last week, two Spider-Man-related Easter Eggs instantly caught our eye. But it looks like some fans have seized on a third detail—Jared Harris’ brief appearance as a seemingly innocuous childhood friend—to fuel a theory that the actor is secretly playing Doctor Octopus.
As exciting as that sounds, it’s very much not the case. Speaking to Variety at the 2020 SAG Awards, the actor completely debunked the rumors while nevertheless praising fans for their spidey senses.
The Mandalorian showrunner and director Jon Favreau recently caught this moment of Star Wars creator George Lucas cradling the wee Baby Yoda.
Intergenerational tenderness! You love to see it.
The first trailer for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 3 has arrived, and as the titular teenage witch puts it, “hell’s under new management now.”
Spoilers ahead, obviously, for Part 2.
HBO Max has quite a few plans for its DC properties. During WarnerMedia’s Television Critics Association presentation on Wednesday, the streaming service unveiled an animated Aquaman mini-series while providing updates for its Greg Berlanti-led Green Lantern show.
- Stubby the Rocket 7 SFF Stories That Reimagine Some of Your Favorite Classics 1 day ago
- Arkady Martine How to Brew Beer in the Confines of a Generation Ship 1 day ago
- Tor.com Cory Doctorow’s Radicalized Has Been Shortlisted for the Canada Reads Prize! 1 day ago
- Leah Schnelbach And Now for an All-Too-Brief Tribute to Terry Jones 1 day ago
- Erika Harlitz-Kern History and SFF: Big Data and The Centenal Cycle by Malka Older 1 day ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Back to the Future — Star Trek: Picard’s “Remembrance” 1 day ago
- James Davis Nicoll Five SF Works Involving Epic Space Journeys 1 day ago
- Back to the Future — Star Trek: Picard’s “Remembrance” 1 min ago on
- Back to the Future — Star Trek: Picard’s “Remembrance” 11 mins ago on
- Introducing the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Rewatch! 12 mins ago on
- Back to the Future — Star Trek: Picard’s “Remembrance” 23 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Caretaker” 31 mins ago on
- Introducing the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Rewatch! 50 mins ago on
- Back to the Future — Star Trek: Picard’s “Remembrance” 52 mins ago on