We’re summarizing Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive series so far, for those who don’t have the time to re-read a couple of thousand-page books and a novella before the release of the third book, Oathbringer, on November 14th (tomorrow!). It should go without saying that this article contains thorough spoilers for the series to date so if you haven’t yet read the books, nope out of here pronto. After all, a good story is more about the Journey than the Destination.
SPOILER ALERT: This article contains worldbuilding spoilers for The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, Edgedancer, and the currently-released preview chapters for Oathbringer (If you’re skipping the Oathbringer chapters, but have read the rest of The Stormlight Archive, you can safely read everything except the Everstorm section).
In 166 years of recorded weather data, more than one Category 4+ hurricane has never made landfall in the United States in the same year. Until this year. This year, American territory has borne the brunt of three. But it could be a whole lot worse.
We’re summarizing Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive series so far, for those who don’t have the time to re-read a couple of thousand-page books and a novella before the release of the third book, Oathbringer, this fall. It should go without saying that this article contains thorough spoilers for the series to date so if you haven’t yet read the books, nope out of here pronto. After all, a good story is more about the Journey than the Destination.
Series: Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
‘Tis the season… for Sanderson dream-casts and releases! What better gift could we ask for under the tree than our very own copies of the Mistborn 10th anniversary leather-bound edition? Well… how about a Mistborn dream-cast? (Okay, so maybe the dream-cast’s not as good as full-color endpages and ribbon book-marks and smyth-sewn pages. But if you can’t afford that steep price-tag, a dream-cast is a nice consolation prize—a free way to spend some more time in Scadrial.)
Last month the Sanderson beta reader crew discussed our picks for the possibility of a The Way of Kings film adaptation in the wake of the announcement that Sanderson had sold film rights to his Cosmere universe. Well, this month we’re back (plus special guest braid_tug) with another round-table dream-casting session, this time for Mistborn: The Final Empire. After several weeks of suggestions, debates, and voting, Ross and I are here to present the beta readers’ choices and to talk a bit about the group’s reasons for coming to the decisions we did. There may be some mild spoilers for Mistborn included in our comments here, so be forewarned. If you haven’t read the book yet, it may be best to steer clear of this article until you have.
- Nick Courage Five Books With Deadly Pop Music 7 hours ago
- Charles Soule The Word-Worlds of Neal Stephenson’s Anathem 9 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido “I’m not the bad guy” — Daredevil 10 hours ago
- Tor.com Fractured Bonds: Revealing Kim Wilkins’ Sisters of the Fire 11 hours ago
- Tor.com The Wheel of Time Named One of America’s 100 Most Beloved Books 12 hours ago
- Brandon O'Brien Black Lightning: The Family That Fights Together, Stays Together 12 hours ago
- Jeff LaSala The Frankenstein Chronicles Is What Grimdark Should Be 13 hours ago
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 Mid-Season Premiere: Stuck in the Middle with You 1 min ago on
- Never Let Mei Go — The Expanse: “IFF” 3 mins ago on
- Five Gorgeous Classic Retellings 15 mins ago on
- “I’m not the bad guy” — Daredevil 19 mins ago on
- “I’m not the bad guy” — Daredevil 47 mins ago on
- Five Books With Deadly Pop Music 1 hour ago on
- “I’m not the bad guy” — Daredevil 2 hours ago on