I’m assuming you’re here because you like to read. But how much do you like to read, really? Have you read so many books that you’ve actually become jaded with all the typical archetypes? Hopefully not! There’s still plenty of magic to be had from a traditional story, executed well. But if the worst has happened, and you just can’t get excited anymore unless somebody is doing something seriously weird, possibly illegal, and certainly wrong to the stories we all know and love, I’ve got a brief list for you. One that will hopefully burn out the entire “bizarre” center of your brain, leaving you both happy and grateful to return to the safe harbor of relatively normal fiction.
Fiction and Excerpts 
There are angels, and they are not beneficent or loving. But they do watch over us. They watch our lives unfold, analyzing us for repeating patterns and redundancies. When they find them, the angels simplify those patterns and remove the redundancies, and the problem that is “you” gets solved.
Carey doesn’t much like that idea. As a punk living in New York City, 1977, Carey is sick and tired of watching strange kids with unnoticeable faces abduct his friends. He doesn’t care about the rumors of tar-monsters in the sewers or unkillable psychopaths invading the punk scene—all he wants is to drink cheap beer and dispense ass-kickings.
Kaitlyn isn’t sure what she’s doing with her life. She came to Hollywood in 2013 to be a stunt woman, but last night a former teen heartthrob tried to eat her, her best friend has just gone missing, and there’s an angel outside her apartment. Whatever she plans on doing with her life, it should probably happen in the few remaining minutes she has left.
The survival of the human race is in their hands. We are, all of us, well and truly screwed. A funny and frightening urban fantasy, Robert Brockway’s The Unnoticeables is available July 7th from Tor Books in the US and Titan Books in the UK!
- Ann Dávila Cardinal The Roger Corman Tour of Puerto Rico: Watching Last Woman on Earth 7 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Deadlock” 8 hours ago
- Joe George Five Lessons from the Star Trek Mirror Universe That We Need Now More Than Ever 9 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Rumor Time: Disney+ Turning Kingdom Hearts Into a TV Show 9 hours ago
- Alan Brown Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: All Good Things Must Come to an End 10 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Henry Cavill Is Reportedly In Talks to Reprise His Role as Superman in the DC Extended Universe 10 hours ago
- Elyse Martin Balancing on the Hyphen: AAPI Identity & Nationalism in Naomi Novik’s Temeraire series 11 hours ago
- Kitties in Space: Andre Norton’s Star Ka’at 1 second ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Deadlock” 12 mins ago on
- Definitively Ranking Every MST3K Short 34 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Threshold” 40 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Deadlock” 45 mins ago on
- Dragons of the Prime: Jo Walton on Writing Tooth and Claw 46 mins ago on
- A Guide to Condor Heroes: The Martial Arts Epic That Influenced All Your Faves 47 mins ago on