I’m assuming you’re here because you like to read. But how much do you like to read, really? Have you read so many books that you’ve actually become jaded with all the typical archetypes? Hopefully not! There’s still plenty of magic to be had from a traditional story, executed well. But if the worst has happened, and you just can’t get excited anymore unless somebody is doing something seriously weird, possibly illegal, and certainly wrong to the stories we all know and love, I’ve got a brief list for you. One that will hopefully burn out the entire “bizarre” center of your brain, leaving you both happy and grateful to return to the safe harbor of relatively normal fiction.
Fiction and Excerpts 
There are angels, and they are not beneficent or loving. But they do watch over us. They watch our lives unfold, analyzing us for repeating patterns and redundancies. When they find them, the angels simplify those patterns and remove the redundancies, and the problem that is “you” gets solved.
Carey doesn’t much like that idea. As a punk living in New York City, 1977, Carey is sick and tired of watching strange kids with unnoticeable faces abduct his friends. He doesn’t care about the rumors of tar-monsters in the sewers or unkillable psychopaths invading the punk scene—all he wants is to drink cheap beer and dispense ass-kickings.
Kaitlyn isn’t sure what she’s doing with her life. She came to Hollywood in 2013 to be a stunt woman, but last night a former teen heartthrob tried to eat her, her best friend has just gone missing, and there’s an angel outside her apartment. Whatever she plans on doing with her life, it should probably happen in the few remaining minutes she has left.
The survival of the human race is in their hands. We are, all of us, well and truly screwed. A funny and frightening urban fantasy, Robert Brockway’s The Unnoticeables is available July 7th from Tor Books in the US and Titan Books in the UK!
- Andrew Liptak Jennifer Lopez Will Defend Humanity From an Apocalyptic AI in Netflix’s Atlas 14 hours ago
- Liz Bourke Sleeps With Monsters: The Difference Between Survival and Cruelty 14 hours ago
- Emmet Asher-Perrin Okay, Do Superheroes Bone or Not? 15 hours ago
- Molly Templeton The Gaston Prequel Series Is Real and Coming to Disney+ 15 hours ago
- Molly Templeton Into the Woods: Hannah Whitten’s For the Wolf 15 hours ago
- Leah Schnelbach Can I Interest You in a Dark Carnival? Bo Burnham, Ray Bradbury, and Our Modern Hall of Mirrors 16 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Slow Music, Slow Motion, Slow Movie—Zack Snyder’s Justice League 17 hours ago
- Five Stories About Alien Attempts to Reshape the Earth 16 mins ago on
- Okay, Do Superheroes Bone or Not? 39 mins ago on
- Why the Hell Are These Books Out of Print? 3 hours ago on
- Why the Hell Are These Books Out of Print? 4 hours ago on
- Okay, Do Superheroes Bone or Not? 5 hours ago on
- Okay, Do Superheroes Bone or Not? 6 hours ago on
- Sleeps With Monsters: The Difference Between Survival and Cruelty 6 hours ago on