Greetings, oh fans of the Cosmere, and welcome back to the Oathbringer Reread! This week, we jump back in time again, thirty-three years, as Dalinar shows what a warrior armed with Shardplate can do to… well, pretty much anyone without Shardplate. It does have a few disadvantages, though.
Howdy there, Cosmerenauts! Welcome back to the Oathbringer Reread, where we again join Kaladin on his travels. This time, he’s searching for Voidbringers, while Sylphrena makes awkward suggestions for his happiness, and Adolin visits his father’s Ryshadium.
Series: Oathbringer Reread
Oathbringer is here and has been devoured by most of us (probably multiple times, by some of you). We discussed in the spoiler article which of our expectations were met and which were not … as well as a few things that surprised us.
But it’s too early to start speculating on what might happen in book 4, right? Hahahahaha! It’s never too early to speculate, guys. NEVER. So let’s get on with it, yes?
OATHBRINGER IS HERE!
Okay, forgive the shouting, but this day has been long awaited! Actually, that should probably say “this month,” since we hope you all got your copy last week and have had plenty of time to read it by now. Because we have Things To Discuss! Settle in with your spren and your libation of choice, and let’s get to it.
We’re summarizing Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive series so far, for those who don’t have the time to re-read a couple of thousand-page books and a novella before the release of the third book, Oathbringer, on November 14th (tomorrow!). It should go without saying that this article contains thorough spoilers for the series to date so if you haven’t yet read the books, nope out of here pronto. After all, a good story is more about the Journey than the Destination.
Readers, I speak to you today with the Rhythm of Caution (don’t go looking for it, I just made it up), as this article contains spoilers for the first two books of The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson. If you haven’t read them, why are you here again? Go, read, now. You’ll thank me. So, so much.
If you have read the first two installments of the series, but maybe not for a while and the details are kinda fuzzy, no worries. There are a LOT of details. Allow me to direct you to the excellent re-read articles for The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, as well as the ‘Before Oathbringer‘ refresher article, all right here on Tor.com.
Note that this article contains no information from the Oathbringer preview chapters which have been released thus far. So if you’re avoiding those, this will still be safe. If you aren’t avoiding those, please keep spoilers out of the comments. KTHX!
We’re summarizing Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive series so far, for those who don’t have the time to re-read a couple of thousand-page books and a novella before the release of the third book, Oathbringer, this fall. It should go without saying that this article contains thorough spoilers for the series to date so if you haven’t yet read the books, nope out of here pronto. After all, a good story is more about the Journey than the Destination.
Series: Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
- Leah Schnelbach Never Let Mei Go — The Expanse: “IFF” 12 hours ago
- Liz Bourke Conspiracy, or Madness? Before Mars by Emma Newman 13 hours ago
- Emily Asher-Perrin The Robinsons Are Charming as Ever, But Lost In Space is Definitely Lost 13 hours ago
- Tor.com The NOMMO Awards Announce their 2018 Nominees 13 hours ago
- Mari Ness Is Killing Giants Ever Justified? The Evolving Tale of “Jack and the Beanstalk” 14 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll Halfway to Nowhere: On Enjoying the Narrative Journey 15 hours ago
- Michael Livingston The Barbarians: Conan Without Conan 16 hours ago
- Reading the Wheel of Time: Black Ravens and Whitecloaks in Robert Jordan’s The Eye of the World (Part 9) 22 mins ago on
- Never Let Mei Go — The Expanse: “IFF” 28 mins ago on
- Rereading the Vorkosigan Saga: A Civil Campaign, Chapter 6 34 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Thirteen 40 mins ago on
- QUILTBAG+ Speculative Classics: The Gilda Stories by Jewelle Gomez 54 mins ago on
- The Robinsons Are Charming as Ever, But Lost In Space is Definitely Lost 57 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Thirteen 1 hour ago on