So today, we launch the cover for Kinslayer, part 2 of my Lotus War trilogy. I honestly thought there was no way our illustrator Jason Chan could top his cover for Stormdancer. Almighty Zeus, I was wrong. When Lucas wrote midi-chlorians he wasn’t as wrong as I was… actually, no, who am I kidding? Anyway, after apologizing to Jason for my lack of faith, I asked him along today to talk about the evolution of the cover design, because I’m really only capable of drooling like a 3 year old when I look at this thing. So awaaaaaay he goes.
This is the cover for my debut novel Stormdancer. I love it like Westley loved Buttercup. Like Han loved Leia. Like Jaime loved Cersei. No… wait, ewwww….
As far as I know, the secret behind a good cover seems to be “hire a good illustrator and get the frak out of the way,” but I’m not sure I can pad that out to 800 words, so I’ve asked the stonkingly talented illustrator behind Stormdancer’s cover, Mr. Jason Chan, to help out.
- Cullen Bunn 5 Books About Folk Horror 18 hours ago
- Tobias Carroll Stories Within Stories Within Nightmares: Dale Bailey’s In the Night Wood 20 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido “I don’t like bullies” — Captain America: The First Avenger 21 hours ago
- Leigh Butler Why We Still Love Hocus Pocus 25 Years Later 22 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll (Semi-)Plausible Strategies for Moving a Whole Damn Planet 23 hours ago
- Tor.com Read an Excerpt from M.T. Hill’s Sci-Fi Thriller Zero Bomb 1 day ago
- Feliza Casano The Power of Language: The Black Khan by Ausma Zehanat Khan 2 days ago
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 1 min ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapters Forty-Seven and Forty-Eight 4 mins ago on
- “I don’t like bullies” — Captain America: The First Avenger 18 mins ago on
- Rereading the Vorkosigan Saga: Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance, Chapter 4 (Part 1) 26 mins ago on
- “I don’t like bullies” — Captain America: The First Avenger 31 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 51 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 56 mins ago on