So today, we launch the cover for Kinslayer, part 2 of my Lotus War trilogy. I honestly thought there was no way our illustrator Jason Chan could top his cover for Stormdancer. Almighty Zeus, I was wrong. When Lucas wrote midi-chlorians he wasn’t as wrong as I was… actually, no, who am I kidding? Anyway, after apologizing to Jason for my lack of faith, I asked him along today to talk about the evolution of the cover design, because I’m really only capable of drooling like a 3 year old when I look at this thing. So awaaaaaay he goes.
This is the cover for my debut novel Stormdancer. I love it like Westley loved Buttercup. Like Han loved Leia. Like Jaime loved Cersei. No… wait, ewwww….
As far as I know, the secret behind a good cover seems to be “hire a good illustrator and get the frak out of the way,” but I’m not sure I can pad that out to 800 words, so I’ve asked the stonkingly talented illustrator behind Stormdancer’s cover, Mr. Jason Chan, to help out.
- Stubby the Rocket Marlon James’ Black Leopard, Red Wolf and Helen Phillips’ The Need Longlisted for the National Book Award 1 day ago
- Gabriella Tutino 5 Books That Flirt with Area 51 1 day ago
- Stubby the Rocket Some Writing Advice (Plus a Porridge Recipe!) from Neil Gaiman 1 day ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 1 day ago
- Natalie Zutter Ad Astra is an Extended Parable About Absentee Fathers, But What For? 2 days ago
- Stubby the Rocket Find Your Necromancy Family Among the Houses of Gideon the Ninth 2 days ago
- Stubby the Rocket Smallville‘s Tom Welling to Play Superman Again in the Arrowverse Crossover 2 days ago
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 24 mins ago on
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 27 mins ago on
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 28 mins ago on
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 30 mins ago on
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 35 mins ago on
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 38 mins ago on
- Higher, Further, Faster — Captain Marvel 41 mins ago on