Back in September, NBCUniversal announced that it was developing a reboot of its space opera franchise Battlestar Galactica for its upcoming Peacock streaming service. According to Ronald D. Moore, the creator of the influential 2003 remake, the new series might remain in the same universe, rather than reboot the franchise with a brand new story.
In recent years, genre shows like Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones brought mainstream audiences to science fiction and fantasy with their attention to relevant stories and realism. But for every prestige-class television show, there’s plenty of room for shows that throw most of that out the window in favor of plenty of action, excitement, and humor.
Judging from its brand new trailer, Syfy’s upcoming space opera series Vagrant Queen has all of the above, and I can’t wait to watch.
Netflix has dropped a first look at its upcoming fourth season of Stranger Things, featuring the return of none other than…well, you’ll see.
A new version of the Batman is coming. Cloverfield and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves director is currently shooting a new film featuring the caped crusader, The Batman, starring Robert Pattinson. While the film isn’t slated to hit theaters until June 25th, 2021, Reeves shared a first look at what his version of the character will look like.
Anna Stephens, the author of the Godblind trilogy (Godblind, Darksoul, and Bloodchild), has sold a new fantasy series to HarperVoyager, according to The Bookseller. The first installment, The Stone Knife, is set for a November 2020 release.
According to The Bookseller, The Stone Knife is the first of a series, Songs of the Drowned and is about a number of characters as tensions between major empire and its rival nations are about to erupt into war.
The book “follows warriors, diplomats, courtesans, and spies in the powerful Pecha empire and the beleaguered nations on its borders. As the empire goes to war, the magical ‘song’ that pervades its lands and pacifies its people begins to fail.”
In a statement, Stephens notes that the series is “something of a departure from my previous trilogy,” and that “While many of the themes are similar, for the first time I’m incorporating both magic and monsters into my work, which has been both a challenge and a joy.”
Netflix has released a first teaser for its upcoming adaptation of Dutch author Tonke Dragt’s 1962 fantasy novel The Letter for the King. Starring Lord of the Rings’ Andy Serkis, and His Dark Materials‘ Amir Wilson, the fantasy series certainly comes with some Lord of the Rings vibes.
Just take a look at the teaser trailer.
The Rise of Skywalker has finally hit theaters and is retreating into the rear-view mirror. The conclusion to the so-called Skywalker Saga is the end of an era for George Lucas’s franchise, and now, it’s on Lucasfilm to figure out what to do next. We asked a handful of space opera, sci-fi, and fantasy authors about what they’d like to see next for Star Wars.
- Stubby the Rocket 7 Fantasies Told Across Multiple Points of View 2 hours ago
- Sweepstakes Gareth L. Powell’s Embers of War Trilogy Sweepstakes! 3 hours ago
- Mahvesh Murad Witches and Whales: The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave 4 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll Five SF Stories About Teleportation Systems Gone Awry 5 hours ago
- Dan Persons Ten Brilliant Cartoons That Will Break Your Heart 7 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Pick Your Necromancy Family From Among the Houses of Gideon the Ninth 8 hours ago
- Sylas K Barrett and Emmet Asher-Perrin Doctor Who Thinks That Words Matter, But Mary Shelley Doesn’t in “The Haunting of Villa Diodati” 20 hours ago
- Five SF Stories About Teleportation Systems Gone Awry 15 mins ago on
- Five SF Stories About Teleportation Systems Gone Awry 17 mins ago on
- 7 Fantasies Told Across Multiple Points of View 19 mins ago on
- Five SF Stories About Teleportation Systems Gone Awry 27 mins ago on
- Doctor Who Thinks That Words Matter, But Mary Shelley Doesn’t in “The Haunting of Villa Diodati” 28 mins ago on
- Five SF Stories About Teleportation Systems Gone Awry 35 mins ago on
- Five Recent Novels About Climate Catastrophe 43 mins ago on