The upcoming film adaptation of Dungeons & Dragons seems to be moving along: Deadline reports that the project has brought on Paddington 2’s Hugh Grant and IT‘s Sophia Lillis to star in the fantasy film, with the former reportedly playing the film’s villain.
Wesley Chu’s upcoming martial arts fantasy series War Arts Saga isn’t set to come out for another year, but already, it’s drumming up interest from Hollywood.
Deadline reports that Original Film (the outfit behind The Boys), and Sony Pictures Television have optioned the novels for television, with Altered Carbon/Jessica Jones/Westworld/Stranger Things/Wheel of Time director Uta Briesewitz set to direct.
At the end of its first season, the aliens of Solar Opposites were on the verge of escaping from Earth, where they’d been trapped for a year after fleeing their destroyed homeworld.
Hulu has released a new trailer for the series, and we can see that escape isn’t exactly going well.
A long-awaited sequel to Neill Blomkamp’s debut film District 9 is now in the works. On Twitter, the director announced that he, fellow screenwriter (and wife) Terri Tatchell, and actor Sharlto Copley have begun writing the screenplay for District 10.
CBS’s streaming service Paramount+ is about to get another big science fiction franchise: Halo. The long-gestating series was originally slated to air on Viacom’s premium network Showtime—with the move comes the announcement that it will debut at some point in early 2022.
Battlestar Galactica and For All Mankind creator Ronald D. Moore recently left Sony Pictures Television for an overall deal with Disney, and right out of the gate, he’s lined up one of his next projects: developing a Magic Kingdom television franchise for the company’s streaming service, Disney+.
The British Fantasy Society has announced the winners of the 2020 British Fantasy Awards.
The award is handed out annually by the BFS beginning in 1972 (first named The August Derleth Fantasy Awards until 1976), with the society’s membership deciding on the initial shortlist, before turning the nominees over to juries for a final deliberation.
Edgar Wright, best known for directing Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, has a new film on the horizon: an adaptation of Stephen King’s novel The Running Man—and reportedly, a more faithful version than the one released in 1987.
The Horror Writers Association has announced the finalists for the 2020 Bram Stoker Awards.
The award has been handed out annually since 1988, recognizing “superior achievement” in the horror and dark fiction genres for the prior year.
- Andrew Liptak Hugh Grant and Sophia Lillis Join Dungeons & Dragons Film 1 hour ago
- Matt Mikalatos C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves, and The Magician’s Nephew 1 hour ago
- Andrew Liptak Gore Verbinski to Direct Adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s Sandkings 2 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll Five Fascinating Twists on Cosmic Horror 2 hours ago
- Usman T. Malik #Spring Love, #Pichal Pairi 3 hours ago
- Alexis Ong Rogue A.I.s and Pharma Tycoons in S.B. Divya’s Machinehood 21 hours ago
- Andrew Liptak The CW Has Renewed Superman & Lois for a Second Season 21 hours ago
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Gravity” 6 seconds ago on
- Five Fascinating Twists on Cosmic Horror 1 min ago on
- Little Free Library 13 mins ago on
- Gore Verbinski to Direct Adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s Sandkings 13 mins ago on
- Hugh Grant and Sophia Lillis Join Dungeons & Dragons Film 22 mins ago on
- Seven Excellent Escapist Adventure Fantasy Books 29 mins ago on
- The Christmas Show 31 mins ago on