When Warner Bros. launched its streaming service DC Universe, it came with the promise of a number of exclusive, original shows: Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and Stargirl. Yesterday, the company announced that it’s moving Stargirl‘s debut back from its original January 2020 release date, and that episodes of the series will also air on The CW.
We have some good news and bad news for Runaway fans. Bad news? The series will end with its upcoming third season. Good news? Hulu has just released a trailer for that final season.
Amazon Prime Video has released a new trailer for its upcoming fourth season of The Expanse, outlining what we can expect when the crew of the Rocinante heads off beyond our solar system to a distant planet.
Don′t you dare try to take [AWESOME NEW CHARACTER] away from Werner Herzog!
Disney dropped the second episode of The Mandalorian on Disney+ today, and we got a bit more of a sense of what the show’s titular character is retrieving for Werner Herzog’s mysterious character, The Client. It turns out that Herzog himself is very attached to the character–VERY attached–and it is absolutely adorable.
Spoilers ahead for the first two episodes of The Mandalorian.
We might be getting a new story from The Martian author Andy Weir in theaters before too long. According to Deadline, The Lego Movie directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are developing an idea by Weir, described as “another problem-solving science fiction adventure.” (So, not “The Egg“? Unless the movie is super, super long and intent on solving every problem.)
Disney’s streaming service, Disney + launched earlier this week, marking the debut of its flagship series Star Wars TV series, The Mandalorian. The show’s first two episodes have already been released, and earlier this week, series creator Jon Favreau confirmed that production on a second season for the show is well underway.
The premiere of The Mandalorian, the first live-action Star Wars TV series, was a promising start to a new story in the franchise. The episode included some interesting surprises, which has my minds racing, so it’s time for some wild speculation as to what that might mean for the rest of the series.
Hulu recently picked up a book for an anthology series that should please horror fans: Nathan Ballingrud’s debut collection, North American Lake Monsters. It’s a fantastic collection of short horror stories that is perfect for the format.
Hulu ordered the show earlier this year, and Ballingrud noted that the series will be called Monsterland, and that production has begun on the series.
Netflix’s adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski’s novel The Witcher is set to debut on December 20th, but series showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich announced today that it will already be back for a second season!
With Game of Thrones off the air and its replacement a couple of years away, there’s a bit of a vacuum in the television world for grim fantasy shows. That could change at some point in the nearish future, as two authors revealed yesterday that they’ve had their books optioned for the small screen.
- Andrew Liptak DC Universe’s Stargirl Release Pushed Back, Will Also Air on The CW 10 mins ago
- Kiersten White 10 Great Monster Moments From Buffy: The Vampire Slayer 33 mins ago
- Paul Weimer Cinematic Fantasy: Duncan Hamilton’s Knight of the Silver Circle 20 hours ago
- Ellen Cheeseman-Meyer The Internet Is Watching You, and It Really Wants to Help: Naomi Kritzer’s Catfishing on Catnet 21 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Watch the First Teaser for Antebellum, a New Horror Movie Starring Janelle Monáe, From the Producer of Get Out and Us 21 hours ago
- Tyler Dean Childhood and the Burden of Knowledge in His Dark Materials 22 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Okay There’s No Joker 2 in the Works But We Still Want a Poison Ivy Origin Film 22 hours ago
- Star Wars: Resistance Is at Its Best When It Stops Worrying About the Resistance 4 mins ago on
- Tor Books to Republish John M. Ford’s Novels, Including Two Volumes of Unpublished Work 7 mins ago on
- 10 Great Monster Moments From Buffy: The Vampire Slayer 11 mins ago on
- The Mandalorian Has His Work Cut Out For Him in Chapter 2: “The Child” 12 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter One Hundred Six 26 mins ago on
- 5 Books About War and Military Culture 1 hour ago on
- The Internet Is Watching You, and It Really Wants to Help: Naomi Kritzer’s Catfishing on Catnet 2 hours ago on