David Wong (pseudonym of author and Cracked.com senior editor Jason Pargin) is back in action on another brilliant and ridiculous adventure in an undisclosed American small town that’s infested with scary, scary things. This Book is Full of Spiders. Seriously, Dude, Don’t Touch It is the hilarious, twisted, and heartfelt follow-up to the cult classic John Dies at the End. Both novels follow David and John; a couple of twenty-something college dropouts working at a video rental store by day, and battling inter-dimensional monsters by night. This time around, the monsters are a wild horde of parasitic spider-like fiends sometimes called “spider creatures,” sometimes “spiders,” sometimes “those f*cking spider monsters.”
If your brain is anything like my brain then the part of your brain reserved for thinking about outer space is a mess. It’s probably cluttered with things like the moon landing footage, pics from Curiosity, clips from
Farscape, the cover of The Little Prince, that Smashing Pumpkins music video, and so on. On top of all that, looking up at a sky full of stars prompts all of the big questions: Why are we here? Why is everything in the
universe moving away from everything else at a constantly increasing pace?
And why won’t astronomers acknowledge Pluto as a planet when I know it’s
one in my heart?
Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Tracy K. Smith doesn’t have answers. She
doesn’t try to reconcile the messes in our heads. In Life on Mars she celebrates our confusing, question-riddled relationship with the universe.
Series: Genre in the Mainstream
- Molly Templeton Lee Pace Reads Science Fiction, So Obviously His Characters Do Too 1 hour ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido The Good, the Bad, and the Awesome — Star Trek: Lower Decks Second Season Overview 1 hour ago
- Molly Templeton The Trailer for Uncharted Covers Familiar Ground 2 hours ago
- Alex Pheby Five Experimental SFF Works by Writers From London 2 hours ago
- Molly Templeton Wheel of Time’s Rosamund Pike Narrates a New Audiobook of The Eye of the World 2 hours ago
- Tor.com Parallel Romance: Revealing The Impossible Us by Sarah Lotz 3 hours ago
- Alice Arneson and Paige Vest Rhythm of War Reread: Chapter Fifty-Five 3 hours ago
- The Trailer for Uncharted Covers Familiar Ground 9 mins ago on
- Gossip Man Was Not Meant to Know: Fritz Leiber’s “To Arkham and the Stars” 23 mins ago on
- The Good, the Bad, and the Awesome — Star Trek: Lower Decks Second Season Overview 28 mins ago on
- The Trailer for Uncharted Covers Familiar Ground 40 mins ago on
- Rhythm of War Reread: Chapter Fifty-Five 43 mins ago on
- Rhythm of War Reread: Chapter Fifty-Five 1 hour ago on
- Reading Steven Erikson’s The God Is Not Willing: Chapter One 1 hour ago on