David Wong (pseudonym of author and Cracked.com senior editor Jason Pargin) is back in action on another brilliant and ridiculous adventure in an undisclosed American small town that’s infested with scary, scary things. This Book is Full of Spiders. Seriously, Dude, Don’t Touch It is the hilarious, twisted, and heartfelt follow-up to the cult classic John Dies at the End. Both novels follow David and John; a couple of twenty-something college dropouts working at a video rental store by day, and battling inter-dimensional monsters by night. This time around, the monsters are a wild horde of parasitic spider-like fiends sometimes called “spider creatures,” sometimes “spiders,” sometimes “those f*cking spider monsters.”
If your brain is anything like my brain then the part of your brain reserved for thinking about outer space is a mess. It’s probably cluttered with things like the moon landing footage, pics from Curiosity, clips from
Farscape, the cover of The Little Prince, that Smashing Pumpkins music video, and so on. On top of all that, looking up at a sky full of stars prompts all of the big questions: Why are we here? Why is everything in the
universe moving away from everything else at a constantly increasing pace?
And why won’t astronomers acknowledge Pluto as a planet when I know it’s
one in my heart?
Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Tracy K. Smith doesn’t have answers. She
doesn’t try to reconcile the messes in our heads. In Life on Mars she celebrates our confusing, question-riddled relationship with the universe.
Series: Genre in the Mainstream
- Feliza Casano The Power of Language: The Black Khan by Ausma Zehanat Khan 5 hours ago
- Sweepstakes City of Broken Magic Sweepstakes! 6 hours ago
- Mari Ness Delicate Magics: Sylvia Townsend Warner’s Kingdoms of Elfin 6 hours ago
- Natalie Zutter Neukom Institute Literary Arts Award Opens Submissions for Second Year Honoring Speculative Fiction 7 hours ago
- Weston Ochse Five Books About Heroes Who Shouldn’t Babysit Your Kitten 7 hours ago
- Alex Brown Haunted by the Past: Lila Bowen’s Treason of Hawks 8 hours ago
- Seanan McGuire A Good Horror Story Needs to Be Sincere 9 hours ago
- You’ve Done Yourself Up: Doctor Who, “The Ghost Monument” 1 min ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 5 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 51 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 1 hour ago on
- Why You Should Read Robert Jordan’s The Eye of the World 1 hour ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Fifty-Two 2 hours ago on
- You’ve Done Yourself Up: Doctor Who, “The Ghost Monument” 2 hours ago on