The Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust has announced its annual list of nominees for this year’s Philip K. Dick Award! Check below for the list and information on where the award winner will be announced…
This year’s finalists for the award are:
- Failed State by Christopher Brown (Harper Voyager)
- The Book of Koli by M. R. Carey (Orbit)
- Dance on Saturday by Elwin Cotman (Small Beer Press)
- Bone Silence by Alastair Reynolds (Orbit)
- Road Out of Winter by Alison Stine (Mira)
- The Doors of Eden by Adrian Tchaikovsky (Orbit)
The award is handed out annually for “distinguished science fiction published in paperback original form in the United States during the previous calendar year.” Past winners of the award include William Gibson (1984, for Neuromancer), Ian McDonald (1991 for King of Morning, Queen of Day), Carol Emshwiller (2002 for The Mount), Ramez Naam (2015 for Apex), Carrie Vaughn (2017 for Bannerless),Audrey Schulman (2018 for Theory of Bastards) and others. Last year’s recipient was Sarah Pinsker’s collection, Sooner or Later Everything Falls into the Sea: Stories.
This year’s award will be announced on April 2nd at this year’s virtual Norwescon 43. The judges for the award this year are F. Brett Cox, Brendan A. DuBois, Cynthia Felice, Tim Pratt, and Jessica Reisman (Chair).