The 2020 edition of Some of the Best From Tor.com is out today! This anthology features twenty-four of our favorite original stories published on the site in the past year.
Of course, you can always read these—and all other—Tor.com stories for free whenever you’d like, but starting today they will be available world-wide as a single, easy-to-read, FREE ebook, available from all your favorite vendors.
These stories were acquired and edited for Tor.com by Ruoxi Chen, Ellen Datlow, Carl Engle-Laird, Emily Goldman, Jennifer Gunnels, Patrick Nielsen Hayden, Teresa Nielsen Hayden, Lee Harris, Diana Pho, Jonathan Strahan, Ann VanderMeer, and Miriam Weinberg. Each story is accompanied by an original illustration.
Some of the Best of Tor.com 2020
Table of Contents
- “If You Take My Meaning” by Charlie Jane Anders
- “Hearts in the Hard Ground” by G. V. Anderson
- “The Night Soil Salvagers” by Gregory Norman Bossert
- “The Ashes of Around Twenty-Three Strangers” by Jeremy Packert Burke
- “The Ones Who Look” by Katharine Duckett
- “Solution” by Brian Evenson
- “Exile’s End” by Carolyn Ives Gilman
- “The Girlfriend’s Guide to Gods” by Maria Dahvana Headley
- “Wait for Night” by Stephen Graham Jones
- “The Perfection of Theresa Watkins” by Justin C. Key
- “Little Free Library” by Naomi Kritzer
- “How Quini the Squid Misplaced his Klobučar” by Rich Larson
- “Beyond the Dragon’s Gate” by Yoon Ha Lee
- “Anything Resembling Love” by S. Qiouyi Lu
- “City of Red Midnight: A Hikayat” by Usman T. Malik
- “Of Roses and Kings” by Melissa Marr
- “Yellow and the Perception of Reality” by Maureen McHugh
- “The Mysterious Study of Doctor Sex” by Tamsyn Muir
- “Two Truths and a Lie” by Sarah Pinsker
- “St. Valentine, St. Abigail, St. Brigid” by C. L. Polk
- “Everything’s Fine” by Matthew Pridham
- “The Little Witch” by M. Rickert
- “The Night Sun” by Zin E. Rocklyn
- “Placed into Abyss (Mise en Abyse)” by Rachel Swirsky
- “We’re Here, We’re Here” by K. M. Szpara
- “Judge Dee and the Limits of the Law” by Lavie Tidhar
- “Sinew and Steel and What They Told” by Carrie Vaughn
- “An Explorer’s Cartography of Already Settled Lands” by Fran Wilde
- “Flight” by Claire Wrenwood
Or you can download your free eBook at the links below by right-clicking and selecting “Save As”.
Remember, you must be logged into Tor.com to access the links—you can register here!
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, email “[email protected]”