Peggy Carter is your Captain now.
The Disney+ showcase on Friday at D23 Expo was full of series announcements for the new streaming platform, and the second half of the presentation was dominated by updates to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 television shows. Highlights of those updates are below.
- The What If…? show will have one episode for each MCU film.
- That includes an episode featuring Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) as Captain Britain.
- As well as Marvel Zombies.
- And a different person, possibly T’Challa, as Star-Lord.
THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER
- Sharon Carter (Emily VanCamp) will join the series.
- Wyatt Russell will also be joining the series as John Walker, the first on-screen representation of this comic character
- Darcy Lewis (Kat Jennings) will join the series.
- Randall Park will also join the series, but it is unclear if he will be reprising his role from The Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- Kathryn Hahn has also joined the series.
- The implication is that Wanda has discovered how to use her abilities to warp reality after the events of Avengers: Endgame.
Nothing was revealed from Loki (although Tom Hiddleston did send an apologetic thank you to the crowd), nor Hawkeye. Three new Disney+ live-action shows were also revealed during the presentation: Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk!