Lambda Literary has announced the finalists for the 31st annual Lambda Literary Awards, or “Lammys,” celebrating achievement in LGBTQ literature published in 2018. Chosen from nearly 1,000 submissions from over 300 publishers (mainstream, independent, and emerging publish-on-demand technologies), the finalists span both literary genres and queer experiences. The winners will be announced at a gala ceremony in New York City on June 3, 2019.
Tor.com Publishing authors Margaret Killjoy, JY Yang, and C.L. Polk were both recognized for their work in the category of LGBTQ Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror.
- The Barrow Will Send What It May, Margaret Killjoy, Tor.com
- The Breath of the Sun, Isaac R. Fellman, Aqueduct
- The Descent of Monsters, JY Yang, Tor.com
- Forget the Sleepless Shores, Sonya Taaffe, Lethe Press
- In the Vanishers’ Palace, Aliette de Bodard, JABberwocky
- Metabolize, If Able, Clay AD, Monster House Press
Resilience, Fletcher DeLancey, Heartsome Publishing
- Witchmark, C.L. Polk, Tor.com
Check out the rest of the finalists here, including Mark Oshiro’s Anger Is a Gift: A Novel (in LGBTQ Children’s/Young Adult) for Tor Teen. Congratulations to all of the finalists!