Marvel Studios just announced an update to their already-titanic Phase 3 movie slate, which kicks off with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War. The update includes an Ant-Man movie sequel titled Ant-Man and The Wasp, some mysteries, and some reshuffling of Black Panther and Captain Marvel.
Here’s the updated release date list:
- May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War
- November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange
- May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2
- July 28, 2017 – Thor: Ragnarok
- February 16, 2018 – Black Panther
- May 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
- July 6, 2018 – Ant-Man and The Wasp
- March 3, 2019 – Captain Marvel
- May 2019 – Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
- July 12, 2019 – Inhumans
- May 1, 2020 – To be determined
- July 10, 2020 – To be determined
- November 6, 2020 – To be determined
Two of the 2020 movie slots seem destined to contain sequels to Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy, leaving the third slot open for a new character movie, perhaps?
Also interesting: The movies between both parts of the Infinity War are almost entirely space-based, with Captain Marvel uniting the Earth-bound Marvel and cosmic Marvel fronts. Or not, since the Inhumans movie release dates was initially wrong in this post. Oh well. Guess we’ll have to get our Inhumans fix from that cat-man who’s currently prowling around Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.