One of MTV’s best scripted dramas won’t get taken out by a silver bullet anytime soon: The creators of Teen Wolf just announced that the show is being renewed for a fifth season! Though this was the biggest news to come out of the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel, the entire panel moved its audience to laughter and fangirl tears, with more than one incident proving that Dylan O’Brien is basically the fan favorite.
Executive producer Jeff Davis confirmed at Thursday’s panel that Teen Wolf has been renewed for season 5. It’ll run for 20 episodes, airing in two parts. This is especially impressive considering that we’re still in the middle of season 4—which, according to footage aired at SDCC, looks insane.
That wasn’t the only part of the panel that set off the fangirl feels, though: Dylan O’Brien, who plays Stiles on the show, reduced a female attendee to the happiest of tears when he gave her his name card. Or maybe it was when he told her she was cute. Or hugged her. Regardless, TEARS.
Other highlights from the panel:
- New castmember Dylan Sprayberry (Liam) has been promoted to series regular.
- O’Brien explained that Teen Wolf “off-set, [is] like an ensemble sitcom.” Yes. Can we see this?
- Actual question asked of Tyler Hoechlin (Derek): “Do you know if Peter Hale will ever stop wearing v-necks?”
- Davis said that Scott and Stiles’ relationship is the kind of friendship he wished he’d had in high school.
- Tyler Posey (Scott) and Sprayberry had a slap-fight.
- In the mid-season trailer, Stalia seems to be on the rocks—and a Stydia hug had everyone cheering and tweeting.
All of our ongoing San Diego Comic Con 2014 coverage can be found here.