This year’s Arthur C. Clarke Awards shortlist has been announced!
- Nexus by Ramez Naam (Angry Robot)
- God’s War by Kameron Hurley (Del Rey)
- The Machine by James Smythe (Blue Door)
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (Orbit)
- The Disestablishment of Paradise by Phillip Mann (Gollancz)
- The Adjacent by Christopher Priest (Gollancz)
The shortlist was selected from 121 submissions, and includes three debut novels: Ancillary Justice, Nexus, and God’s War. The Prize’s Director, Tom Hunter, praised “…an excitingly fresh list, which really reflects new writers as well as classics of the genre…[t]here’s a lot of energy in the genre at the moment.” The judging panel includes Ian Whates and Duncan Lawie from the British Science Fiction Association, Sarah Brown and Lesley Hall from the Science Fiction Foundation, and Georgie Knight from the Sci-Fi-London film festival. The winner will be announced on May 1st at the Royal Society and will receive a prize of £2,014 and a commemorative bookend.
Past winners of the Clarke Award include Neal Stephenson, China Mieville, Mary Doria Russell, and Margaret Atwood.
Congratulations to all the honorees!