The 26th Annual Lambda Awards nominees have been announced, including the LGBT Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror category. The Lambda Awards, as the press release says, “celebrate achievement in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) writing for books published in 2013.” The winners will be announced at a ceremony on Monday June 2, 2014.
All of this year’s nominees are published by small presses; four of the nominees by Lethe Press, whose books are often part of the Queering SFF conversation. Another, Mary Anne Mohanraj’s The Stars Change, was reviewed in this series last year.
And the nominees are:
- Collaborators, Deborah Wheeler, Dragon Moon Press
- Death by Silver, Melissa Scott & Amy Griswold, Lethe Press
- Deprivation; or, Benedetto furioso: an oneiromancy, Alex Jeffers, Lethe Press
- Dragon Slayer, Isabella Carter, Less Than Three Press
- Dust Devil on a Quiet Street, Richard Bowes, Lethe Press
- Hell’s Belle, Marie Castle, Bella Books
- Invisible Soft Return, Roberta Degnore, Digital Fabulists
- Light, ’Nathan Burgoine, Bold Strokes Books
- Like Light for Flies, Lee Thomas, Lethe Press
- The Stars Change, Mary Anne Mohanraj, Circlet Press, Inc.
For the other categories or more information on the awards, see the announcement, here.
Brit Mandelo is a writer, critic, and editor whose primary fields of interest are speculative fiction and queer literature, especially when the two coincide. She can be found on Twitter or her website.