This morning, Ain’t It Cool News posted two very intriguing bootleg recordings of what appear to be trailers for next year’s Avengers movie, as well as the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man reboot.
Check out the Avengers recording while it lasts:
In case it’s been taken down, there’s a description of the action below the cut. Spoilers.
The trailer (in all probability the post-credits sequence for Captain America, opening this week) opens with Steve Rogers working on a punching bag in a gym, eventually punching it right off its chain and flying across the room. Nick Fury comes in the room and asks, “Trouble sleeping?” Cap asks if he’s there with a mission to get him “back in the world,” and Fury responds, “To save it.”
A series of quick cuts follows:
- The bridge of the helicarrier
- Loki being led in by armed guards
- A screen flashing “Next Summer”
- Black Widow and Nick Fury leading Tony Stark through a hallway as Nick asks him, “Think you’re the only hero in the world?”
- A screen flashing “Some”
- Even quicker cuts of Agent Coulson, a helicopter, a car driving through the desert.
- A screen flashing “Assembly”
- Quick cuts of Nick Fury, Tony Stark, Captain America, Bruce Banner, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. (Some of them in different costumes.)
- A screen flashing “Required”
- Afterwards, you get quick cuts of all the heroes in action. Thor summoning lightning, Iron Man flying through the sky, Black Widow tasering someone, and Hawkeye firing his bow, and more.
- The trailer concludes with the Avengers sitting at a round table (Thor standing) as Nick Fury tells them, “Gentlemen, you’re up.”
- Then the titles appear, followed by a final shot of Tony Stark tapping Thor on the shoulder and quipping, “Mean swing,” which is followed by Thor launching his hammer at the screen.
The Amazing Spider-Man trailer was taken down before we got a chance to see it, but interestingly, it appears that even Spider-Man is going to start getting tied in to the Avengers chronology, as in the reboot, Spider-Man’s parents were agents of SHIELD.
UPDATE: The HD version of the Amazing Spider-Man trailer has been released!