The finalists for the 23rd annual Lambda Award for LGBTQ literature have been announced, including the SFF&H category. Last year’s award was won by Catherynne Valente’s novel Palimpsest, a queer story about a sexually transmitted city.
This year, the nominees are:
- Diana Comet and Other Improbable Stories by Sandra McDonald, Lethe Press
- Disturbed by Her Song by Tanith Lee, Lethe Press (reviewed here)
- Flowers of Edo by Nene Adams, Black Car Publishing
- Wilde Stories 2010: The Year’s Best Gay Speculative Fiction edited by Steve Berman, Lethe Press (reviewed here)
- Wolfsbane Winter by Jane Fletcher, Bold Strokes Books
The awards will be given on May 26th, 2011 in New York City at an event at the School for Visual Arts honoring Edward Albee and Val McDermid. Tickets are available here.
Lee Mandelo is a multi-fandom geek with a special love for comics and queer literature. She can be found on Twitter and Livejournal.