We have seen the future. The future is naked. The future is now! Naked Girls Reading NYC once again explores strange new worlds of literature as New York’s “Best Story Hour” (The Village Voice Best of NY 2010) presents SCI-FI STRIKES BACK. Nasty Canasta leads an all-star cast of exhibitionists on an entirely new voyage beyond the stars: B.B. Heart, Lady Scoutington and Velocity Chyaldd will read selections from sci-fi masterpieces by Philip K. Dick, Cormac McCarthy, Douglas Adams, Gene Roddenberry and more. Bring a clone or loved one and raise a glass of Tranya (a special terrestrial version of the classic Star Trek cocktail will be available at the bar) while we celebrate the literature of a galaxy far, far away!
Click below the cut for venue information, directions and a list of the titles that will be read during the evening!
The reading begins at 8:30 PM at Madame X’s (94 W. Houston St (between Thompson & Laguardia – those of you at the last Tor.com meetup will certainly remember it) and Naked Girls Reading NYC will be reading selections from:
- 2001 – Arthur C. Clarke
- A Brief History of Time – Stephen Hawking
- “The Abduction of Alexandra Seine” – Fred C. Smale
- All I Really Need To Know I Learned From Watching Star Trek – Dave Marinaccio
- “Big Game” – Isaac Asimov
- Coraline – Neil Gaiman
- Ender’s Shadow – Orson Scott Card
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
- The Road – Cormack McCarthy
- The Witching Hour and Lasher – Anne Rice
- plus selections from Battlestar Galactica and The Pop-Up Book of TRON
Naked Girls Reading NYC urges that you pick up advance tickets, as seating is very limited. Tix are $25 reserved seating (includes one drink from the Foreplay menu) and $20 standing room.