Remember last week, when I told you not to panic?
Well, we have another prize pack to give away, consisting of a set of the new US editions of Douglas Adams’ original five-book Hitchhiker trilogy; a signed copy of Eoin Colfer’s new Hitchhiker book, And Another Thing…; a copy of Colfer’s Artemis Fowl; and your very own DON’T PANIC tea-towel. (The words on the towel are much larger and friendlier than that…rather like a flirtatious Algolian Suntiger.)
1) Take the juice from one childhood spent reading Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
2) Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Humor IV or the ocean of Humour XIX, depending on your geo- and orthographical preference.
3) Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it is Friday, after all).
4) Allow four litres of of the finest gleeful giggles to bubble through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of laughter in the Marshes of Fallia).
5) Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of gratitude for the wonderful Colleen Lindsay, who provided us with the books; she is pleasantly redolent of all the heady odors of the dark Qualactin Zones.
6) Drop a comment on this post before noon EST on Tuesday, November 17th—but only one! Duplicates will not count, and we at Tor.com are not legally responsible for the chemical reaction that may take place if you add too much comment.
7) Check your email on Tuesday; our randomly-choosen winner have 24 hours to respond (or the benzene will be lost and another winner chosen).
8) Add an olive.
9) Drink…but very carefully.
Megan Messinger is a production assistant at Tor.com, and she once flirted with an Algolian Suntiger.