Mary Robinette Kowal, author of Shades of Milk and Honey and the forthcoming Glamour in Glass is moving to Chicago by car, and she’s planning a whistle-stop book tour along her route! She’s hatched a scheme in which if there is a bookstore within 5-miles of her various stopping points, she’ll come to said bookstore and sign your book.
Here’s the info from Mary’s website:
- Contact the closest bookstore on the route to pre-order a book and request that I stop in. (We will post the stores that I will be visiting, so check the list.)
- Ask the stores to contact my publicist at Tor, Alexis Nixon, (Alexis.Nixon [at] tor.com) to confirm that they have the book in stock.
- I will give the stores a date of arrival and an approximate time.
- Two hours before arriving, I call to confirm with the store and tweet that I will be there. If you want to come by to meet me, I’ll be happy to say hello.
- We fly like the wind to the next city.
Mary’s moving tour lands right in the middle of a few other dates where she’ll be touring for Glamour in Glass. Contact any of these sellers to pre-order and have your book personalized.
April 10 – Portland, Oregon
Case Study Coffee, 7:00 PM
April 11 – Beaverton, Oregon
Powell’s Books, 7:00 PM
April 13 – Seattle, WA
University Bookstore, 7:00 PM
April 14 – Bellvue, WA
Barnes & Noble, 2:00 PM
Moving Day Tour!
April 24 – The Dalles, Oregon
April 24 – Boise, Idaho
April 25 – Salt Lake City, Utah
April 26 – Denver, Colorado
April 27 – Omaha, Nebraska
April 28 – Chicago, Illinois
May 12 – Portland, Oregon
Murder By The Book
May 25 – Salt Lake City, Utah
Weller Book Works 7:00 PM
More details on Mary Robinette Kowal’s website.
Glamour in Glass is out on April 10th and available for pre-order now. Read an exclusive excerpt of it here.