Who doesn’t like kittens? Kittens are what cats used to be before the irony of a two-legged universe got to them, making them the moody judgmental purring balls of fur they are today. Kittens are fun. Kittens are daring. Kittens are little evil feline ninjas with razor teeth and spikey claws. Kittens wake up every morning and treat the world like it’s their own personal frat house and the air is spiked with catnip. I love kittens. I also love me righteous protagonists in books and comics. So, I was wondering the other day—I’d trust these folks to save the world, but would I trust them to babysit a kitten?
Fiction and Excerpts 
Series: Five Books About…
Sent to Southern Arizona to investigate rumors of chupacabra running rampant, SEAL Team 666 becomes embroiled in Mexican cartel politics, the loss of one of their own, and the machinations of an American patriot group who wants to lock down the border at any cost.
This novelette was acquired for Tor.com by St. Martin's Press editor Brendan Deneen.
- C.L. Polk Read C.L. Polk’s “St. Valentine, St. Abigail, St. Brigid” 3 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Stalled Out on Diesel — Bloodshot 4 hours ago
- Tor.com All the New Genre-Bending Books Coming Out in June! 5 hours ago
- Andrew Liptak Uncle Hugo’s Bookshop Works to Rebuild After Minneapolis Unrest 5 hours ago
- Jo Walton Jo Walton’s Reading List: May 2020 7 hours ago
- Somaiya Daud Read an Excerpt From Court of Lions by Somaiya Daud 1 day ago
- Tor.com All the New Young Adult SFF Books Arriving in June 1 day ago
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Rewatch: “Captain’s Holiday” 4 seconds ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Threshold” 25 mins ago on
- More Action, More Science, More Thrills: Gray Lensman by E. E. “Doc” Smith 34 mins ago on
- More Action, More Science, More Thrills: Gray Lensman by E. E. “Doc” Smith 44 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “The Thaw” 1 hour ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “The Thaw” 2 hours ago on
- Jo Walton’s Reading List: May 2020 2 hours ago on