Who doesn’t like kittens? Kittens are what cats used to be before the irony of a two-legged universe got to them, making them the moody judgmental purring balls of fur they are today. Kittens are fun. Kittens are daring. Kittens are little evil feline ninjas with razor teeth and spikey claws. Kittens wake up every morning and treat the world like it’s their own personal frat house and the air is spiked with catnip. I love kittens. I also love me righteous protagonists in books and comics. So, I was wondering the other day—I’d trust these folks to save the world, but would I trust them to babysit a kitten?
Fiction and Excerpts 
Series: Five Books About…
Sent to Southern Arizona to investigate rumors of chupacabra running rampant, SEAL Team 666 becomes embroiled in Mexican cartel politics, the loss of one of their own, and the machinations of an American patriot group who wants to lock down the border at any cost.
This novelette was acquired for Tor.com by St. Martin's Press editor Brendan Deneen.
- Stubby the Rocket Watch the Trailer for Supernatural’s Final Season 2 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Wheel of Time Showrunner Rafe Judkins Makes Tribute Video to Robert Jordan 4 hours ago
- Judith Tarr SFF Horse Breeds: Tiny Horses 4 hours ago
- Sweepstakes The Name of All Things Sweepstakes! 4 hours ago
- Ryan Britt Picard Probably Likes Coffee Just as Much — If Not More — Than Earl Grey 5 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket 5 Ways the Newly Revealed Alternate Iron Man Post-Credits Would Have Changed the MCU 6 hours ago
- Elsa Sjunneson-Henry What It Means to Win a Hugo as a Blind Person 7 hours ago
- SFF Horse Breeds: Tiny Horses 7 mins ago on
- Five Forgotten Swordsmen and Swordswomen of Fantasy 9 mins ago on
- SFF Horse Breeds: Tiny Horses 18 mins ago on
- SFF Horse Breeds: Tiny Horses 58 mins ago on
- An Introduction to the Worlds of The Witcher 1 hour ago on
- The Surprisingly Intricate Plot of G.I. Joe: “The M.A.S.S. Device” 1 hour ago on
- Picard Probably Likes Coffee Just as Much — If Not More — Than Earl Grey 1 hour ago on