We’re excited to share an excerpt from Stephen Leigh’s Amid the Crowd of Stars, an innovative sci-fi novel that explores the potential impact of alien infection on humankind as they traverse the stars and find themselves stranded on new and strange planets—publishing February 9th with DAW.
Fiction and Excerpts 
Now on its final voyage, the historical steamboat Natchez is known for her super-powered guest entertainers. But after the suspicious death of a crewmember, retired NY police detective Leo Storgman decides to make this incident his personal case. His findings only lead to a growing number of questions. Is there some truth behind the ghostly sightings of the steamboat’s first captain Wilbur Leathers? What secret does the current captain seem to be hiding? And could the Natchez be ferrying mysterious – and possibly dangerous – cargo onboard?
Edited by author George R. R. Martin, Mississippi Roll is an adventurous journey along Ol’ Man River, featuring beloved characters from the Wild Cards universe. Available December 5th from Tor Books, Mississippi Roll features the writing talents of Stephen Leigh, John Jos. Miller, Kevin Andrew Murphy, Carrie Vaughn (Martians Abroad), Hugo-Award winning author David D. Levine (Arabella of Mars), and Hugo and Nebula Award finalist Cherie Priest (Boneshaker).
The Wild Cards universe has been thrilling readers for over 25 years.
One act of terrorism changes the life of Michael “Drummer Boy” Vogali forever in Stephen Leigh’s “The Atonement Tango.” Now without his band, Joker Plague, Michael must figure out a way to re-build his life–and seek revenge.
Series: Wild Cards on Tor.com
- Alan Brown Journeying through Literature: Silverlock by John Myers Myers 26 mins ago
- Molly Templeton Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Series Finally Has a Title 35 mins ago
- Molly Templeton Our Flag Means Death Is Going to Have Some Fun With Its Swashbuckling 1 hour ago
- Emma Leff Tamsyn Muir Understood the Assignment: The Locked Tomb Series’ Expansive Exploration of Death and Grieving 1 hour ago
- Molly Templeton Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Finally Has a Premiere Date — and Star Trek: Picard Is Back in March 2 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll Tackling All 12 Books in Terry Carr’s Third Ace Special Series 2 hours ago
- Vanessa Armstrong “Let It Go” Lets Go of Being the Top Disney Animated Billboard Hit, Ceding to Encanto’s “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” 20 hours ago
- Tackling All 12 Books in Terry Carr’s Third Ace Special Series 4 seconds ago on
- Reading The Wheel of Time: Rand Plans, and the Band Dances in Robert Jordan’s Lord of Chaos (Part 5) 10 mins ago on
- Tamsyn Muir Understood the Assignment: The Locked Tomb Series’ Expansive Exploration of Death and Grieving 22 mins ago on
- Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Series Finally Has a Title 26 mins ago on
- Tamsyn Muir Understood the Assignment: The Locked Tomb Series’ Expansive Exploration of Death and Grieving 27 mins ago on
- Empty Earths: Five SF Stories Set on a Depopulated Planet 30 mins ago on
- Tackling All 12 Books in Terry Carr’s Third Ace Special Series 38 mins ago on