Tor Books is proud to reveal the endpapers for Brandon Sanderson’s upcoming Words of Radiance, sequel to the New York Times bestselling The Way of Kings! Artist Michael Whelan shares his thoughts on the process of designing the painting and on collaborating with Ben McSweeny. See preliminary sketches from both artists below!
Tor Books is proud to reveal the cover for Brandon Sanderson’s upcoming Words of Radiance, sequel to the New York Times bestselling The Way of Kings! Below the cut, artist Michael Whelan shares his thoughts on the process of designing the cover, including several preliminary sketches for alternate images.
We are very excited to reveal the cover to A Memory of Light, the final volume of Robert Jordan’s epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time. The artwork for this final edition is by, arguably, one of today’s most beloved illustrators, Michael Whelan.
Series: A Memory of Light
I just heard the news about Anne McCaffrey’s passing and I’m at a loss for words. I can’t overstate her importance to the SF field, the influence she had on scores of writers and thousands upon thousands of readers, and the role she played in the shaping of my career. Her writing never failed to inspire me to try my best to capture the intriguing characterizations and sweeping vision of her stories. And to top it off, she was unfailingly gracious to me and generous with her time and support.
The first cover of mine to make the New York Times Bestseller list was her novel, The White Dragon… a major benchmark for her and me. I’ve been immeasurably fortunate to have been able to name her as a friend and inspiration. She’ll be sadly missed, but her worlds will live on always.
- Andrew Liptak The Orville’s Third Season Finally Has a Release Date 9 hours ago
- Ryka Aoki Meet Lan, the Donut Maker in Ryka Aoki’s Light From Uncommon Stars 9 hours ago
- Molly Templeton Being a Driver Is a Bloody Challenge In the Trailer for Night Teeth 10 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Workforce, Part II” 10 hours ago
- Andrew Liptak Apple Casts Rashida Jones and David Oyelowo in Adaptation of Hugh Howey’s Wool 11 hours ago
- Natalie Zutter How Harrow the Ninth Uses the Language of Fanfiction to Process Grief 11 hours ago
- Molly Templeton It’s Time to Put Down the Beach Read and Pick Up a Crunchy Autumnal Book 12 hours ago
- Rhythm of War Reread: Chapter Fifty-One 3 seconds ago on
- David Lynch’s Dune Kept Science Fiction Cinema Strange 14 mins ago on
- It’s Time to Put Down the Beach Read and Pick Up a Crunchy Autumnal Book 20 mins ago on
- Five Superpowers That Just Aren’t As Fun as They Sound 44 mins ago on
- Five Superpowers That Just Aren’t As Fun as They Sound 59 mins ago on
- The Orville’s Third Season Finally Has a Release Date 1 hour ago on
- Five Superpowers That Just Aren’t As Fun as They Sound 1 hour ago on