As a fan of K-pop since the ’90s (Points if you listened to H.O.T and Fin.K.L.!) I have seen it change and evolve over the last couple of decades. Whether you want a female empowerment anthem, a song about heartbreak, or one that brings all the glitz and spectacle, you can find it in K-pop! So, there are many K-pop songs that could pair perfectly with some of your favorite Young Adult Sci-Fi or Fantasy books. Here are a few of my suggestions for pairing recent K-pop bops with books you should be adding to your shelves.
Fiction and Excerpts 
After the events of Wicked Fox, Somin is ready to help her friends pick up the pieces of their broken lives and heal….
We’re thrilled to share an excerpt from Kat Cho’s Vicious Spirits, a beguiling and addictive read full of otherworldly dangers and romance—available now from G.P. Putnam’s Sons.
I am a firm believer that Korean dramas are just YA books in visual format. There are so many overlapping themes and tropes: there are sometimes love triangles in both YA and K-dramas, plots where characters fake a relationship (that blooms into a real one), blackmail and sharing secrets, and, of course, all the angst! And though K-dramas do come at it from a slightly different cultural lens, it hits you in the same feels! So here is a list of some of my favorite K-dramas and the YA books they remind me of!
- Molly Templeton Mads Mikkelsen Will Be in Indiana Jones 5 Because of Course He Will 9 mins ago
- Andrew Liptak Watch the Full Trailer for Barry Jenkins’ The Underground Railroad 26 mins ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: Fifth Season Overview 31 mins ago
- Tobias Carroll Six Compelling SFF Works in Translation 2 hours ago
- Andrew Liptak Haunting of Hill House Creator’s Next Project Is Sci-Fi Horror Set on Mars 2 hours ago
- Andrew Liptak The Tolkien Society’s Archives of the Mallorn Journal Are Now Freely Available to All 2 hours ago
- Alan Brown Stark vs. the Curse of the Middle Volume: The Hounds of Skaith by Leigh Brackett 3 hours ago
- Five SF Stories That Embrace the Scientifically Improbable Reactionless Drive 49 seconds ago on
- Stumbling Into Heaven: Emeth, Aslan, and The Last Battle 1 min ago on
- Five Books That Feature Lost, Missing, and Forgotten Gods 5 mins ago on
- Five Stories Built Around the Threat of Nuclear Blackmail 5 mins ago on
- Always Be Closing: Margaret St. Clair’s “The Man Who Sold Rope to the Gnoles” 19 mins ago on
- Bad Guys and Good Guys in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s “The Whole World is Watching” 20 mins ago on
- Six Compelling SFF Works in Translation 21 mins ago on