I’ve been working in a digital role at Pan Macmillan, and at Tor, since 2007 and the one constant thing about it is that it keeps changing. My role has been to manage website development—so, for example, I organised the creation of this blog a year or two ago. And then it was to manage ebook production and operations—when I project managed the switch to DRM-free ebooks for Tor and the digitization of our backlist. And now it is to work more closely with the editorial team on digital publishing.
There is a fascinating list of alternate history novels where the author imagines a world after the Nazis defeated Britain and won World War II. Robert Harris’s Fatherland is perhaps the most well-known. C. J. Sansom’s Dominion is the latest novel in this line. Older examples are Len Deighton’s SS-GB and Phillip K. Dick’s The Man in the High Castle. Similarly, Philip Roth’s The Plot Against America saw Charles Lindbergh become the President of the United States and collaborate with Hitler. And before any of these was Vita Sackville-West’s Grand Canyon.
- Natalie Zutter Jumanji: The Next Level Is Fun But Ultimately Forgettable 9 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Back to the Drawing Board — Star Trek’s “The Girl Who Made the Stars” and “Ephraim and Dot” 10 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket BBC’s Dracula Comes to Netflix January 4, 2020 11 hours ago
- Emily Asher-Perrin The Mandalorian Remembers Why Hanging Out With College Buddies Is a Bad Idea in Chapter 6, “The Prisoner” 12 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido “His name is Captain Sparklefingers!” — Shazam! 13 hours ago
- Keith Rice 10 SFF Audiobooks for Holiday Traveling 14 hours ago
- Molly Templeton “What in the hell did you do?” The Expanse: “New Terra” and “Jetsam” 15 hours ago
- “His name is Captain Sparklefingers!” — Shazam! 1 hour ago on
- SFF Needs More Incompetent Autocrats 1 hour ago on
- Creating Gods Through Science and Magic 2 hours ago on
- Download a Free Ebook of Wild Cards I: Expanded Edition, Edited by George R. R. Martin, Before Dec. 14! 3 hours ago on
- The Mandalorian Remembers Why Hanging Out With College Buddies Is a Bad Idea in Chapter 6, “The Prisoner” 3 hours ago on
- “His name is Captain Sparklefingers!” — Shazam! 4 hours ago on
- Creating Gods Through Science and Magic 5 hours ago on