I’ve been working in a digital role at Pan Macmillan, and at Tor, since 2007 and the one constant thing about it is that it keeps changing. My role has been to manage website development—so, for example, I organised the creation of this blog a year or two ago. And then it was to manage ebook production and operations—when I project managed the switch to DRM-free ebooks for Tor and the digitization of our backlist. And now it is to work more closely with the editorial team on digital publishing.
There is a fascinating list of alternate history novels where the author imagines a world after the Nazis defeated Britain and won World War II. Robert Harris’s Fatherland is perhaps the most well-known. C. J. Sansom’s Dominion is the latest novel in this line. Older examples are Len Deighton’s SS-GB and Phillip K. Dick’s The Man in the High Castle. Similarly, Philip Roth’s The Plot Against America saw Charles Lindbergh become the President of the United States and collaborate with Hitler. And before any of these was Vita Sackville-West’s Grand Canyon.
- Judith Tarr A Master Class in Writing Horses: Horse by Geraldine Brooks 8 hours ago
- Dan Chaon Read an Excerpt From Dan Chaon’s Sleepwalk 9 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido Star Trek: Enterprise Rewatch: “Dead Stop” 10 hours ago
- Leah Schnelbach 15 Years Later, Ratatouille’s Message About Art Still Inspires Me 11 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll Five Stories About Sending Teens Into Space 12 hours ago
- Tobias Carroll Immortal Combat: Nicola Griffith’s Spear 13 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido “A little strategic violence” — The Umbrella Academy Season Three Continues to Bring the Bugnuts 13 hours ago
- Star Trek: Enterprise Rewatch: “Dead Stop” 21 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Enterprise Rewatch: “Dead Stop” 52 mins ago on
- Five Stories About Sending Teens Into Space 1 hour ago on
- Star Trek: Enterprise Rewatch: “Dead Stop” 2 hours ago on
- Scientifically Plausible SF Settings That Provide an Alternative to FTL Travel 2 hours ago on
- Five Stories About Sending Teens Into Space 2 hours ago on
- Star Trek: Enterprise Rewatch: “Minefield” 3 hours ago on