Creating the art for Cat Hellisen‘s story, “Mother, Crone, Maiden“, was a bit of a challenge. Full of intense, risky visuals, it proved rather difficult to choose some over others. It took one or two days just to come up with thumbnails, a process that normally takes a few hours.
This project starts with me busting my knee in a climbing acident. Irene Gallo, art director for Tor Books and creative director for Tor.com, called me for a project during Thanksgiving week and, truth be told, I wasn’t going anywhere for a while; so why not work on an illustration for a wicked story?
- James Davis Nicoll 5 SF Stories in Which Kindness Prevails 19 mins ago
- Molly Templeton Time Travel Makes Everything Worse in the Teaser for Needle in a Timestack 49 mins ago
- Andrew Liptak Watch the First Trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s Nightmare Alley 1 hour ago
- Emmet Asher-Perrin Terry Pratchett Book Club: Witches Abroad, Part IV 1 hour ago
- Brandon Sanderson Preview Cytonic, Book 3 in Brandon Sanderson’s Skyward Series 2 hours ago
- Jared Shurin Sword Stone Table and the Metaverse of Camelot 20 hours ago
- Andrew Liptak Empire Director Sanaa Hamri Joins Wheel of Time Season 2 21 hours ago
- Red Shirts and Big Helmets — Star Trek: Lower Decks: “The Spy Humongous” 9 seconds ago on
- 5 SF Stories in Which Kindness Prevails 3 mins ago on
- 5 SF Stories in Which Kindness Prevails 4 mins ago on
- Five Doomed Attempts at Planetary Colonization 12 mins ago on
- Five Doomed Attempts at Planetary Colonization 16 mins ago on
- What If… “Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?” Gives Us a Violent Alternate Reality 25 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “The Void” 28 mins ago on