Creating the art for Cat Hellisen‘s story, “Mother, Crone, Maiden“, was a bit of a challenge. Full of intense, risky visuals, it proved rather difficult to choose some over others. It took one or two days just to come up with thumbnails, a process that normally takes a few hours.
This project starts with me busting my knee in a climbing acident. Irene Gallo, art director for Tor Books and creative director for Tor.com, called me for a project during Thanksgiving week and, truth be told, I wasn’t going anywhere for a while; so why not work on an illustration for a wicked story?
- Zabe Bent Sela, Thief 12 mins ago
- Alex Brown Family Ties: Lovecraft Country, “Full Circle” 11 hours ago
- Andrew Tejada Announcing the Winners of the the Inaugural Ignyte Awards! 2 days ago
- Joe George Ten International Horror Movies to Stream This Halloween 3 days ago
- Simon Stephenson The Difference Is Entirely One of Setting: Iain Banks’ The Crow Road 3 days ago
- Emmet Asher-Perrin Terry Pratchett Book Club: Mort, Part IV 3 days ago
- Ginger Smith What Comic Book and Toy Collecting Taught Me About Writing 3 days ago
- Reading The Wheel of Time: Long Journeys and Painful Emotions in Robert Jordan’s The Fires of Heaven (Part 6) 36 mins ago on
- Reading The Wheel of Time: Long Journeys and Painful Emotions in Robert Jordan’s The Fires of Heaven (Part 6) 1 hour ago on
- Rhythm of War Read-Along Discussion: Chapter Fifteen 2 hours ago on
- 5 SFF Books About Flawed Gods 4 hours ago on
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Rewatch: “Firstborn” 5 hours ago on
- “I am done being reflexively supportive” — Star Trek: Discovery’s “That Hope Is You” 7 hours ago on
- Star Trek: Voyager Rewatch: “Basics, Part II” 7 hours ago on