Creating the art for Cat Hellisen‘s story, “Mother, Crone, Maiden“, was a bit of a challenge. Full of intense, risky visuals, it proved rather difficult to choose some over others. It took one or two days just to come up with thumbnails, a process that normally takes a few hours.
This project starts with me busting my knee in a climbing acident. Irene Gallo, art director for Tor Books and creative director for Tor.com, called me for a project during Thanksgiving week and, truth be told, I wasn’t going anywhere for a while; so why not work on an illustration for a wicked story?
- James Davis Nicoll The Best Arthurian Novels for Fans of Actual History 35 mins ago
- Tor.com Hugo Award-Winning Editor Liz Gorinsky Launches New Publishing Company Erewhon Books 60 mins ago
- Tor.com Revealing Gareth L. Powell’s Ragged Alice 1 hour ago
- Pat Cadigan AI and the Trolley Problem 2 hours ago
- Sweepstakes Monsters of the Week Sweepstakes! 19 hours ago
- Liz Bourke Sleeps With Monsters: Atmospheric and Compelling Stories 20 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Nnedi Okorafor’s First Nonfiction Book, Broken Places & Outer Spaces, Coming in 2019 20 hours ago
- The Best Arthurian Novels for Fans of Actual History 1 min ago on
- The Best Arthurian Novels for Fans of Actual History 5 mins ago on
- The Best Arthurian Novels for Fans of Actual History 9 mins ago on
- The Best Arthurian Novels for Fans of Actual History 13 mins ago on
- Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House Finds the Beating Heart of Shirley Jackson’s Tale 21 mins ago on
- The Best Arthurian Novels for Fans of Actual History 25 mins ago on
- “We drank, we fought, he did his ancestors proud!” — Thor 48 mins ago on