Creating the art for Cat Hellisen‘s story, “Mother, Crone, Maiden“, was a bit of a challenge. Full of intense, risky visuals, it proved rather difficult to choose some over others. It took one or two days just to come up with thumbnails, a process that normally takes a few hours.
This project starts with me busting my knee in a climbing acident. Irene Gallo, art director for Tor Books and creative director for Tor.com, called me for a project during Thanksgiving week and, truth be told, I wasn’t going anywhere for a while; so why not work on an illustration for a wicked story?
- Tor.com Revealing The Fallen, Sequel to Ada Hoffman’s The Outside 5 mins ago
- Megan Kanne and Alice Arneson Everything We Know About the Unmade 36 mins ago
- Andrew Liptak Javicia Leslie Will Pick Up Batwoman’s Mantle 14 hours ago
- Tor.com Listen to an Audio Excerpt From Melissa Bashardoust’s Girl, Serpent, Thorn 18 hours ago
- Tor.com Revealing Machinehood, a New SF Thriller From S.B. Divya 18 hours ago
- Ruthanna Emrys and Anne M. Pillsworth Journalism More Yellow Than Most: Silvia Moreno-Garcia’s “Flash Frame” 19 hours ago
- Cassie Schulz Fields of Foreboding in Rory Power’s Burn Our Bodies Down 19 hours ago
- Javicia Leslie Will Pick Up Batwoman’s Mantle 50 seconds ago on
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: All Good Things Must Come to an End 1 min ago on
- Javicia Leslie Will Pick Up Batwoman’s Mantle 4 mins ago on
- Ernest Cline’s Ready Player Two Will Hit Bookstores in November 7 mins ago on
- Adrian Tchaikovsky Sells Epic Space Opera Trilogy 9 mins ago on
- The Silver Chair: The Lady of the Green Kirtle, Fake News, and Enchantment 28 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Reread — Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of Empire 31 mins ago on