Nnedi Okorafor, author of Zahrah the Windseeker and The Shadow Speaker, joins us to talk about Africa as it’s represented in science fiction and fantasy. Dave and John discuss portrayals of Africa in fiction and film.
Eli Kintisch, author of Hack the Planet, joins us to discuss some of the ambitious and risky geoengineering schemes that are being proposed to address climate change. Dave and John talk terraforming.
Robin Wasserman, author of the young adult science fiction novel Skinned, joins us to discuss hacking Harvard, working in publishing, human identity, and writing about the future. Dave and John try to figure out how to upload their minds.
Dan Carlin, host of the Hardcore History podcast, joins us to discuss the history of the future, the origins of the centaur legend, and what the Black Death can teach us about postapocalyptic fiction. Dave and John get medieval on your assumptions about historical fantasy.
Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles, joins us to talk about the Spiderwick movie, graphic novels, and D&D. Dave and John blame evil internet fairies for any number of things, possibly including the loss of their childhood action figure collections.
John Langan, author of House of Windows, joins us for our horrifying thirteenth episode! Dave and John discuss scary, scary stuff, including CNN and grammar.
The People vs. George Lucas director Alexandre Philippe joins us to talk about the film and the love/hate relationship between Star Wars fans and its creator. Dave and John discuss their opinions of all six films and the expanded universe.
Carrie Vaughn, bestselling author of the best-selling Kitty Norville series, joins us to talk about werewolves, heroines, Wild Cards, and other things. Dave and John talk about some of their favorite werewolves and vampires.
Cherie Priest—Steampunk aficionado, amateur theologian, and author of Boneshaker—joins us as our guest this week. We explain what Steampunk is, why it’s cool, and where you can check it out.
- Tor.com Irene Gallo Promoted to Vice President, Publisher of Tor.com 29 mins ago
- Kelly Lagor On the Origins of Modern Biology and the Fantastic: Part 12—Philip K. Dick and Sydney Brenner 37 mins ago
- Stubby the Rocket The First Trailer Is Out for AMC’s The Terror: Infamy 1 hour ago
- K.M. Szpara Something With Teeth: Finding My Identity in Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles 2 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Marvel’s Spider-Man Countdown Reveals a New Spider-Man Comic by J.J. Abrams and His Son 2 hours ago
- Alan Brown Robert E. Howard’s First (and Best?) Barbarian: Kull: The Fabulous Warrior King 3 hours ago
- K.A. Doore Five (Somewhat) Forgotten Books Featuring F/F Relationships 4 hours ago
- On the Origins of Modern Biology and the Fantastic: Part 12—Philip K. Dick and Sydney Brenner 1 min ago on
- Introducing the Gene Wolfe Reread on Tor.com: The Reader in the Mist 2 mins ago on
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Countdown Reveals a New Spider-Man Comic by J.J. Abrams and His Son 3 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Eighty-Three 3 mins ago on
- Robert E. Howard’s First (and Best?) Barbarian: Kull: The Fabulous Warrior King 4 mins ago on
- From the Jedi Order to the Torturers’ Guild: Science Fiction’s Preoccupation with Monks in Space 5 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapter Eighty-Four 9 mins ago on