Nnedi Okorafor, author of Zahrah the Windseeker and The Shadow Speaker, joins us to talk about Africa as it’s represented in science fiction and fantasy. Dave and John discuss portrayals of Africa in fiction and film.
Eli Kintisch, author of Hack the Planet, joins us to discuss some of the ambitious and risky geoengineering schemes that are being proposed to address climate change. Dave and John talk terraforming.
Robin Wasserman, author of the young adult science fiction novel Skinned, joins us to discuss hacking Harvard, working in publishing, human identity, and writing about the future. Dave and John try to figure out how to upload their minds.
Dan Carlin, host of the Hardcore History podcast, joins us to discuss the history of the future, the origins of the centaur legend, and what the Black Death can teach us about postapocalyptic fiction. Dave and John get medieval on your assumptions about historical fantasy.
Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles, joins us to talk about the Spiderwick movie, graphic novels, and D&D. Dave and John blame evil internet fairies for any number of things, possibly including the loss of their childhood action figure collections.
John Langan, author of House of Windows, joins us for our horrifying thirteenth episode! Dave and John discuss scary, scary stuff, including CNN and grammar.
The People vs. George Lucas director Alexandre Philippe joins us to talk about the film and the love/hate relationship between Star Wars fans and its creator. Dave and John discuss their opinions of all six films and the expanded universe.
Carrie Vaughn, bestselling author of the best-selling Kitty Norville series, joins us to talk about werewolves, heroines, Wild Cards, and other things. Dave and John talk about some of their favorite werewolves and vampires.
Cherie Priest—Steampunk aficionado, amateur theologian, and author of Boneshaker—joins us as our guest this week. We explain what Steampunk is, why it’s cool, and where you can check it out.
- Ruthanna Emrys and Anne M. Pillsworth The Self-Renovating Haunted House: Madeline Yale Wynne’s “The Little Room” 23 mins ago
- Sweepstakes Tor.com’s Giant End-of-Year Book Bundle Extravaganza! 52 mins ago
- Parker Peevyhouse Read an Excerpt From Strange Exit by Parker Peevyhouse 1 hour ago
- Leigh Butler Rereading The Ruin of Kings: Chapters 76 and 77 2 hours ago
- Tor.com Robin Hood Returns: Revealing Carrie Vaughn’s The Ghosts of Sherwood and The Heirs of Locksley 2 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket What is the “Foundational Scene” in Stormlight Archive Book 4? 3 hours ago
- Jennifer Giesbrecht The Future of Days Past: 10 Things Disney Could Learn From Claremont’s Run on X-Men 4 hours ago
- The Future of Days Past: 10 Things Disney Could Learn From Claremont’s Run on X-Men 1 min ago on
- Karin Tidbeck’s Amatka and the Use of Language in Dystopian Science Fiction 2 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Rewatch: “Honor Among Thieves” 9 mins ago on
- Superheroics is a Family Business in the First Trailer for The CW’s Stargirl 13 mins ago on
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Rewatch: “Lessons” 22 mins ago on
- Water: A History 35 mins ago on
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Rewatch: “Timescape” 42 mins ago on