Nnedi Okorafor, author of Zahrah the Windseeker and The Shadow Speaker, joins us to talk about Africa as it’s represented in science fiction and fantasy. Dave and John discuss portrayals of Africa in fiction and film.
Eli Kintisch, author of Hack the Planet, joins us to discuss some of the ambitious and risky geoengineering schemes that are being proposed to address climate change. Dave and John talk terraforming.
Robin Wasserman, author of the young adult science fiction novel Skinned, joins us to discuss hacking Harvard, working in publishing, human identity, and writing about the future. Dave and John try to figure out how to upload their minds.
Dan Carlin, host of the Hardcore History podcast, joins us to discuss the history of the future, the origins of the centaur legend, and what the Black Death can teach us about postapocalyptic fiction. Dave and John get medieval on your assumptions about historical fantasy.
Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles, joins us to talk about the Spiderwick movie, graphic novels, and D&D. Dave and John blame evil internet fairies for any number of things, possibly including the loss of their childhood action figure collections.
John Langan, author of House of Windows, joins us for our horrifying thirteenth episode! Dave and John discuss scary, scary stuff, including CNN and grammar.
The People vs. George Lucas director Alexandre Philippe joins us to talk about the film and the love/hate relationship between Star Wars fans and its creator. Dave and John discuss their opinions of all six films and the expanded universe.
Carrie Vaughn, bestselling author of the best-selling Kitty Norville series, joins us to talk about werewolves, heroines, Wild Cards, and other things. Dave and John talk about some of their favorite werewolves and vampires.
Cherie Priest—Steampunk aficionado, amateur theologian, and author of Boneshaker—joins us as our guest this week. We explain what Steampunk is, why it’s cool, and where you can check it out.
- Paul Weimer Defying Genre Expectations: Troy Carrol Bucher’s Lies of Descent 21 mins ago
- Fabio Fernandes Gene Wolfe’s The Shadow of the Torturer: Part 1 1 hour ago
- Megan N. Fontenot Exploring the People of Middle-earth: Denethor II, Steward of Gondor 3 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket Robert Rodriguez Is Making Another Superhero Movie For Kids 4 hours ago
- Ian Martínez Cassmeyer The Stubborn, Unshakeable Optimism of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 4 hours ago
- Lyndsey Luther and Alice Arneson Oathbringer Reread: Chapters Ninety and Ninety-One 5 hours ago
- Stubby the Rocket 10 Expansive SFF Worlds We Want to Get Lost In 1 day ago
- What’s Next for this Year’s Hugo Award Winners 1 min ago on
- Casting The Wheel of Time: Your Auntie Leigh Has an Opinion On It 8 mins ago on
- Gene Wolfe’s The Shadow of the Torturer: Part 1 9 mins ago on
- Oathbringer Reread: Chapters Ninety and Ninety-One 11 mins ago on
- Deep Roots 14 mins ago on
- Hugo Spotlight: The World-Building Rewards of Yoon Ha Lee’s Revenant Gun 18 mins ago on
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Rewatch Extra: What We Left Behind 18 mins ago on