I’m not one for “greatest of all time” lists, but for The Prisoner, I’m willing to make an exception. Running from 1967-1968, The Prisoner starred Patrick McGoohan, and was a more complex follow-up to the star’s popular spy-themed Danger Man television series. Running only 17 episodes, The Prisoner is a symphony of paranoia. Dystopian sci-fi, philosophy, and absurdist British humour create an ode to the nature and importance of freedom and individuality in a society that values neither. It is one of the best television shows of all time, and you don’t just have to take my word for it: In anticipation of the upcoming remake of the series, AMC has made all 17 episodes of the original series available for free, streaming from their website.
The saga of teenaged superhero Jaime Reyes, a.k.a. The Blue Beetle, may not be coming to an end, but his eponymous series is. The character—recently appearing in the new all-ages animated series The Brave and The Bold alongside characters like The Batman and The Green Arrow—will bid a fond farewell to his series in February’s Blue Beetle #36. The announcement was made by DC Comics VP Dan Didio at the comics website Newsarama on November 14th, a few days before the solicitations for the final issue were made available…and that’s where the trouble began.
- Vanessa Armstrong New Book of Boba Fett Trailer Confirms That Temuera Morris Is, in Fact, Boba Fett 4 hours ago
- Leslie Vedder Five Books With Twisty Curses at Their Heart 4 hours ago
- Keith R.A. DeCandido “Nothing like a bloodbath to start the day” — The Suicide Squad 5 hours ago
- Molly Templeton Being a Human Is the Worst in the Trailer for Hotel Transylvania: Transformania 5 hours ago
- Annika Rollock Hawkeye Dons Some Ugly Sweaters for the Movie Marathon in “Partners, Am I Right?” 5 hours ago
- Leah Schnelbach On Murderbots and Media: Martha Well’s Network Effect 6 hours ago
- Emmet Asher-Perrin Lost in Space Veers Wildly Off Course in Its Final Season 6 hours ago
- Beyond Dune and Foundation: Golden Age and New Wave SF Classics That Should Be Adapted Right Now 10 seconds ago on
- Being a Human Is the Worst in the Trailer for Hotel Transylvania: Transformania 24 mins ago on
- Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “What Are Little Girls Made Of?” 45 mins ago on
- Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “Charlie X” 1 hour ago on
- Hawkeye Dons Some Ugly Sweaters for the Movie Marathon in “Partners, Am I Right?” 1 hour ago on
- New Book of Boba Fett Trailer Confirms That Temuera Morris Is, in Fact, Boba Fett 1 hour ago on
- Beyond Dune and Foundation: Golden Age and New Wave SF Classics That Should Be Adapted Right Now 1 hour ago on