I’m not one for “greatest of all time” lists, but for The Prisoner, I’m willing to make an exception. Running from 1967-1968, The Prisoner starred Patrick McGoohan, and was a more complex follow-up to the star’s popular spy-themed Danger Man television series. Running only 17 episodes, The Prisoner is a symphony of paranoia. Dystopian sci-fi, philosophy, and absurdist British humour create an ode to the nature and importance of freedom and individuality in a society that values neither. It is one of the best television shows of all time, and you don’t just have to take my word for it: In anticipation of the upcoming remake of the series, AMC has made all 17 episodes of the original series available for free, streaming from their website.
The saga of teenaged superhero Jaime Reyes, a.k.a. The Blue Beetle, may not be coming to an end, but his eponymous series is. The characterrecently appearing in the new all-ages animated series The Brave and The Bold alongside characters like The Batman and The Green Arrowwill bid a fond farewell to his series in February’s Blue Beetle #36. The announcement was made by DC Comics VP Dan Didio at the comics website Newsarama on November 14th, a few days before the solicitations for the final issue were made available…and that’s where the trouble began.
- Ellen Cheeseman-Meyer Rereading the Vorkosigan Saga: Komarr, Chapters 3-5 38 mins ago
- Michael Moreci Moving Forward with The Last Jedi 2 hours ago
- Tor.com An Invisible War: Revealing Caitlín R. Kiernan’s Black Helicopters 3 hours ago
- Liz Bourke Sleeps With Monsters: Magic Roadtrips, Graceful Space Opera, and a Bleak Take on Star Wars 4 hours ago
- Emily Asher-Perrin Small Stories, Big Worlds: Why I Love Epic Stories That Stay Personal 5 hours ago
- Elsa Sjunneson-Henry I Belong Where the People Are: Disability and The Shape of Water 6 hours ago
- Mordicai Knode Gonzo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles RPG Has Everything You’d Ever Want 24 hours ago
- Rereading the Vorkosigan Saga: Komarr, Chapters 3-5 1 min ago on
- I Belong Where the People Are: Disability and The Shape of Water 3 mins ago on
- “We are still Starfleet” — Star Trek Discovery‘s “The Wolf Inside” 3 mins ago on
- I Belong Where the People Are: Disability and The Shape of Water 5 mins ago on
- Rereading the Vorkosigan Saga: Komarr, Chapters 3-5 9 mins ago on
- “We are still Starfleet” — Star Trek Discovery‘s “The Wolf Inside” 14 mins ago on
- “We are still Starfleet” — Star Trek Discovery‘s “The Wolf Inside” 38 mins ago on