I’m not one for “greatest of all time” lists, but for The Prisoner, I’m willing to make an exception. Running from 1967-1968, The Prisoner starred Patrick McGoohan, and was a more complex follow-up to the star’s popular spy-themed Danger Man television series. Running only 17 episodes, The Prisoner is a symphony of paranoia. Dystopian sci-fi, philosophy, and absurdist British humour create an ode to the nature and importance of freedom and individuality in a society that values neither. It is one of the best television shows of all time, and you don’t just have to take my word for it: In anticipation of the upcoming remake of the series, AMC has made all 17 episodes of the original series available for free, streaming from their website.
The saga of teenaged superhero Jaime Reyes, a.k.a. The Blue Beetle, may not be coming to an end, but his eponymous series is. The character—recently appearing in the new all-ages animated series The Brave and The Bold alongside characters like The Batman and The Green Arrow—will bid a fond farewell to his series in February’s Blue Beetle #36. The announcement was made by DC Comics VP Dan Didio at the comics website Newsarama on November 14th, a few days before the solicitations for the final issue were made available…and that’s where the trouble began.
- Michael Livingston A Knight’s Tale Is the Best Medieval Movie (No, Really) 10 hours ago
- Aidan Moher The Striking Style of SFF Artist Galen Dara 11 hours ago
- Emmet Asher-Perrin Terry Pratchett Book Club: The Colour of Magic, Part III 12 hours ago
- James Davis Nicoll A Brief History of the Megastructure in Science Fiction 13 hours ago
- Alexandra Christo Five Books With Criminals Who Save the Day 1 day ago
- Andrew Liptak New Trailer for Netflix’s The Old Guard Teases a War Over Immortality 1 day ago
- Andrew Liptak Amazon is Making a Fallout TV Series From the Creators of Westworld 1 day ago
- A Brief History of the Megastructure in Science Fiction 3 seconds ago on
- Le Guin’s City of Illusions: Language and Trust on Space Opera’s Margin 30 mins ago on
- Terry Pratchett Book Club: The Colour of Magic, Part III 43 mins ago on
- Terry Pratchett Book Club: The Colour of Magic, Part III 45 mins ago on
- A Knight’s Tale Is the Best Medieval Movie (No, Really) 53 mins ago on
- Reading the Wheel of Time: There Are No Customs to Cover the Dragon Reborn in Robert Jordan’s The Shadow Rising (Part 34) 1 hour ago on
- Five Doomed Armies in Science Fiction 1 hour ago on