Next year, the infamous Sanderson sisters will finally return, almost three decades after the original Hocus Pocus. The spell would not be properly cast without Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, who are all reprising their witchy roles—but a stellar supporting cast is also required.
On Halloween, Disney announced eleven actors joining the cast of Hocus Pocus 2, as well as one other more returning star: Doug Jones is also back. But will he play Billy Butcherson or some other lanky and peculiar character? The crystal ball isn’t telling.
Tragically, we don’t get a grown-up Thora Birch in the sequel. But here’s who we do get:
- Juju Brener (Vanquish)
- Lilia Buckingham (Dirt)
- Belissa Escobedo (American Horror Stories)
- Froy Gutierrez (Teen Wolf, Cruel Summer)
- Tony Hale (Arrested Development, The Mysterious Benedict Society)
- Taylor Henderson (Earwig and the Witch)
- Nina Kitchen
- Whitney Peak (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
- Sam Richardson (The Tomorrow War, Werewolves Within)
- Hannah Waddingham (Game of Thrones, Ted Lasso)
The black flame candle is alight to the Sanderson sisters’ delight.
Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, & Kathy Najimy shall soon return.
Joined by new faces which you soon will learn.
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) October 31, 2021
Hocus Pocus director Adam Shankman is only serving as executive producer this time around due to scheduling conflicts; choreographer and director Anne Fletcher (Step Up, Dumplin’) will direct the sequel. Hocus Pocus 2 will arrive on Disney+ sometime next fall, presumably just in time for Halloween. The plot is still a mystery, as is the arguably more pressing question: What will Bette Midler sing this time?