Nothing is writ in stone these days—not book pub dates, and certainly not movie release dates. Disney just announced a slew of release date changes, including new dates for Taika Waititi’s Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness, and the next Indiana Jones movie. Most are just moving a few months, but some shift into 2023, which still doesn’t sound like a real year.
Here’s the rundown:
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness now opens May 6, 2022 (moved from March 25, 2022).
- Thor: Love and Thunder now opens July 8, 2022 (moved from May 6, 2022).
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever now opens November 11, 2022 (moved from July 8, 2022).
- Indiana Jones 5 now opens June 30, 2023 (moved from July 29, 2022).
- The Marvels now opens February 17, 2023 (moved from November 11, 2022).
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania now opens July 28, 2023 (moved from February 17, 2023).
The list of new dates also includes two untitled Marvel movies that are now off the schedule (one was set for July 28, 2023, and one for October 6, 2023) and one untitled Marvel movie that moved up a single week, from November 10, 2023 to November 3, 2023. What those mysterious films may be is anyone’s guess, though release dates for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Captain America 4, Blade, and the eventual Fantastic Four movie are all still unknown.
Eternals is up next for Marvel, in theaters on November 5th—with Hawkeye on Disney+ on November 24th, then Spider-Man: No Way Home in December some time we don’t know we’ll get there someday we’ve got plenty to keep us busy, even with these delays.