Lambda Literary has announced the finalists for the 2021 Lambda Literary Awards, aka Lammys, which celebrate the best of LGBTQ literature from 2020. The finalists in 24 categories were selected from more than a thousand books submitted by more than 300 publishers.
Read on for the finalists for LGBTQ Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror!
The SFF/Horror finalists are:
- The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water, Zen Cho (Tordotcom Publishing)
- Everyone on the Moon is Essential Personnel, Julian K. Jarboe (Lethe Press)
- Subcutanean, Aaron A. Reed (self-published)
- Black Sun, Rebecca Roanhorse (Saga Press)
- The Silence of the Wilting Skin, Tlotlo Tsamaase (Pink Narcissus Press)
You can see the full list of finalists here, which includes Nino Cipri’s Finna (Transgender Fiction), K-Ming Chang’s Bestiary (Lesbian Fiction), Chana Porter’s The Seep (Transgender Fiction), Elisabeth Thomas’s Catherine House (Bisexual Fiction), and Love After the End: An Anthology of Two-Spirit and Indigiqueer Speculative Fiction edited by Joshua Whitehead (LGBTQ Anthology).
The virtual award ceremony will be held June 1st, and feature a performance from Meshell Ndegeocello along with guests including Alan Hollinghurst, Carmen Maria Machado, Torrey Peters, Cyrée Jarelle Johnson, Ryan O’Connell, JP Brammer, and Katherine V. Forrest. The ceremony is free and open to all; more details available here.