The Lucasfilm Publishing Panel went down at San Diego Comic-Con to let us know what new Star Wars books and comics are coming up, leading all the way into The Rise of Skywalker! Get ready to stack your TBR list…
Here are the titles that were announced:
- For the kids there will be Star Wars Creatures Big & Small by Katie Cook
- Delilah S. Dawson will be penning The Skywalker Saga, presumably Episodes I-IX, told in a fairy tale style
- Star Wars Myths & Fables by George Mann will feature lovely illustrations
George Mann writes Grimm's Fairy Tales for Star Wars. pic.twitter.com/DBQV6Fw331
— Fangirls Going Rogue (@FGGoingRogue) July 20, 2019
- In September, Marvel will be releasing Star Wars: Age of Resistance comics centering on Rey, Rose Tico, Supreme Leader Snoke, and Kylo Ren
- There will be a “Journey to The Rise of Skywalker” publishing program starting up in October, to lead fans into Episode IX
— Johnamarie Macias (@BlueJaigEyes) July 20, 2019
- Finally, a four-issue Marvel mini-series will release in December by Charles Soule, titled Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren
As just announced, I am writing THE RISE OF KYLO REN – a limited series comic launching in December, just before Episode IX.
You know the one story everyone’s dying to see, about Kylo and the Knights of Ren? That’s this.
You’re not ready (hell, I barely am.) pic.twitter.com/CiBehByvy1
— Charles Soule (@CharlesSoule) July 20, 2019
We also received confirmation that Timothy Zhan’s Thrawn: Treason does indeed take place during season 4 of Star Wars: Rebels. And for fans eagerly waiting a print version of the Count Dooku audiobook—Dooku: Jedi Lost—it will hit shelves on October 1.
So much to look forward to, Star Wars fans! Get ready for the road to Episode IX…