For the honor of Grayskull! With season three of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power set to drop on Netflix in August, fans are eagerly awaiting any hints at what’s to come. And Noelle Stevenson is giving the people what they want. While discussing her upcoming graphic novel memoir, The Fire Never Goes Out, with io9, the show’s creator/showrunner/executive producer dropped a few tantalizing details about the upcoming season.
I am really excited for everyone to see She-Ra season three. In my opinion, each season just keeps getting better. This season is going to be—there’s a lot of really dramatic stuff happening. There’s some really high-concept episodes coming up. And we really just explore the interiority of the characters more than ever, mainly Adora and Catra. It’s the season where their paths bring them back together, and what comes of that.
It’s not a whole lot, but just enough to keep us going for the next two months. To re-cap, here’s what we know so far about the upcoming season:
- Adora and Catra will be reunited;
- Huntara, voiced by Geena Davis, will make her debut;
- Season 3 will hit Netflix on August 2;
- There WILL be drama! Interiority! High-concept stuff!
Season 3 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is coming to @Netflix August 2nd! AND Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis will be joining the voice cast as Huntara! #SheRa @GDIGM pic.twitter.com/SeFEgPAsuR
— She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (@DreamWorksSheRa) May 10, 2019
And here’s what we hope the new season will answer:
- Whose side is Shadow Weaver on now?
- Will He-Man make an appearance?
- Will we explore more of the world outside of the Princess Alliance?
- Will Entrapta rejoin the Princess Alliance?
- Will Scorpia and Catra go on a date??
- Will there be even more queer relationships???
Only time will tell. Is there anything you’d like to see in She-Ra season 3? Let us know in the comments!