Tor.com Community is seeking an in-house publicity coordinator with at least 2 years of experience to coordinate book coverage for upcoming genre titles and work with Tor.com staff, publishing contacts, and authors to create and ensure completion of long-term plans for coverage. Candidates should have an extensive knowledge of the science fiction and fantasy genre and experience interacting with online communities. We are looking for someone highly organized and detail-oriented with an enthusiasm for SF/F and its community.
To coordinate marketing and publicity coverage for relevant SF/F titles across publishing, including developing plans for comprehensive book coverage on Tor.com; communicating daily with publicists, editors, and authors; and creating/managing/moderating conversations with readers on social media and on the site.
- Coordinate publicity and marketing for all relevant SF/F titles on Tor.com;
- Liaise with marketing and publicity departments across publishing, including Tor Books, and other Macmillan publicity and marketing departments, maintaining and expanding an extensive and varied list of contacts;
- Create and execute long-term publicity campaigns for major titles across publishing on Tor.com, including excerpts, sweepstakes, author features, reviews, and essays;
- Maintain updated calendar of book coverage and ensure completion of daily and monthly plans;
- Coordinate sending of weekly newsletter and other email marketing campaigns;
- Create and commission content for site, including writing promotional content and working with authors to brainstorm, develop, and edit blog posts;
- Create and maintain press materials on promotional options for authors, editors, and publicists;
- Assist in monitoring and moderating comments on the site, interacting with users to answer questions and ensuring that ongoing discussions are in keeping with the site’s well-defined Moderation Policy.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Highly organized – able to manage fast pace of online content and longer-term timeline of the publishing calendar
- Strong communication skills – ability to speak with readers, authors, publishing contacts, and other departments and develop professional relationships
- Collaborative attitude towards working with other members of the Tor.com team and contacts across publishing
- 2 or more years in marketing and publicity
Educational Background Required:
- Some college