Lambda Literary has announced the finalists for the 30th annual Lambda Literary Awards, or “Lammys,” celebrating achievement in LGBTQ literature published in 2017. Chosen from nearly 1,000 submissions from over 300 publishers (mainstream, independent, and emerging publish-on-demand technologies), the finalists span both literary genres and queer experiences. The winners will be announced at a gala ceremony in New York City on June 4, 2018.
Tor Books authors Lara Elena Donnelly and Annalee Newitz were both recognized for their work in the category of LGBTQ Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror.
- Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly (Tor Books)
- An Excess Male by Maggie Shen King (HarperCollins)
- An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon (Akashic Books)
- Autonomous by Annalee Newitz (Tor Books)
- I Stole You by Kristen Ringman (Handtype Press)
- Night Visitors by Owen Keehnen (OutTales Publishing)
- The Lost Daughter Collective by Lindsey Drager (DZANC Books)
- The Prey of the Gods by Nicky Drayden (HarperCollins)
Check out the rest of the finalists here, including Carmen Maria Machado’s Her Body and Other Parties (in Lesbian Fiction) and April Daniel’s Dreadnought: Nemesis – Book One (in LGBTQ Children’s/Young Adult). Congratulations to all of the finalists!