How could we not have seen it before? It was right in front of us, through two deceptively simple words: “Yub nub.”
Comic book writer John Barber (Doctor Strange, Ultimate Spider-Man) has blown the lid off one of the biggest mysteries of the new Star Wars trilogy: Who is Supreme Leader Snoke?
Barber lays out his argument based on what we know so far:
- Snoke possesses a scar from a mysterious head wound.
- He projects himself as a gigantic hologram, which could mean he’s the size of an average human… or even smaller.
- Kylo Ren—and by that we mean Ben Solo—is Snoke’s pawn.
Is the truth starting to form in your minds? Do you realize who has been leading the First Order from the shadows?
Wicket W. Warrick, that’s who.
Let’s examine the evidence:
- Wicket got whacked in the head in Return of the Jedi.
- A three-foot-tall being could decide that projecting himself to the size of a temple is an effective way to rule over his pawns.
- Here’s the part that Barber’s argument hinges on: The real love triangle of Jedi was Han/Leia/Wicket. When the princess chose the smuggler, the Ewok vowed revenge, even if it took generations.
Barber tweeted this chilling screenshot with the caption Look at this: this is an Ewok thinking “I am going to use your children to destroy you.”
LOOK UPON THAT EVIL.
Now, Barber did misspell Snoke’s name, which may bring into question his true Star Wars expertise… unless it was a crafty ruse to mislead the Disney lawyers trolling Twitter for this exact kind of intel.
Barber is absolutely joking, but it’s funny just how much evidence you can stack up to paint Wicket as Snoke. Reddit has explored the same theory, with other supporting details: Snoke went after Han and Chewie first! Wicket recovered Darth Vader’s charred helmet and gave it to Kylo Ren!
Most interesting is that Warwick Davis, the actor who portrayed Wicket so long ago, has a part in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. He won’t say what, but we think we already know…