The Audio Publishers Association (APA) has announced finalists for the 22nd annual Audie Awards® competition! Nominees include Brandon Sanderson’s The Bands of Mourning, with narration by Michael Kramer, Naomi Novik’s League of Dragons with narration by Simon Vance, Connie Willis’ Crosstalk by with narration by Mia Barron, and John Scalzi’s The Dispatcher with narration by Zachary Quinto. The winners will be announced at the Audie Awards Gala on June 1, 2017, at the French Institute Alliance Française in New York City, and you can see all the nominees here, but before you leave, might we interest you in some more publishing news? We’ve gathered up all of the highlights below.
- Over at The New York Times, Neil Gaiman talks about walls, Norse gods, and the end times.
- Victor LaValle riffs on Frankenstein and police violence in his new monthly comic, Destroyer.
- We’re getting a new collection of Temeraire short stories from Naomi Novik!
- Not Just Jane, a new book by Shelley DeWees, profiles female Regency-era authors of the non-Jane Austen variety.
- Lindsay Smith discusses continuing “The Witch Who came in From the Cold”…
- and Lev Grossman discusses Season Two of The Magicians!
- Here are 5 YA stories that need to get the graphic novel treatment.
- Finally, The New York Times‘ latest VR project is a companion piece to George Saunders’ Lincoln in the Bardo: