Fans of Lara Elena Donnelly’s Jazz Age spy thriller Amberlough dressed to the nines for the launch party at Astoria Bookshop! Donnelly (in the red jacket) and editor Diana Pho (in the feather boa) especially got into the mood.
Our morning publishing roundup includes a new way to tell the Lumberjanes story, all the hygge, and Margaret Atwood on why the next dystopian novel won’t be a novel.
- We think you need some hygge—that is, a sense of coziness and contentment, courtesy of these books.
- Want to know what happened to Jack and Jill before Every Heart a Doorway? Get lost in the first two chapters of Down Among the Sticks and Bones.
- This One Summer author Mariko Tamaki will adapt the beloved Lumberjanes comics as a four-book middle grade series.
- Eva Green will play Virginia Woolf in a film about the love affair that inspired Orlando.
- Keith DeCandido talks his first short story collection, Without a License, on Dead Kitchen Radio.
- Margaret Atwood thinks our future dystopias will take us back to newspaper serials.