Snap Wexley’s mom Norra Wexley was a badass! And now we get our first look at the crucial character from Chuck Wendig’s Star Wars: Aftermath trilogy: io9 has the propaganda posters of Norra and Imperial Rae Sloane, inspired by Wendig’s latest installment, Empire’s End.
Also in this morning’s publishing roundup: Connie Willis on why telepathy is an awful idea, John Darnielle on the perfect dice roll, and the first pages from the American Gods comic.
- Publishers Weekly profiles Universal Harvester author John Darnielle.
- The Devourers author Indra Das talks writing a fantasy based in India and more in his Reddit AMA!
- Subterranean Press has Gwenda Bond talking with Connie Willis about why she wrote Crosstalk (starting with overheard-in-Starbucks conversations), plus a snazzy new cover:
- How Octavia E. Butler’s Kindred and other black books lit one woman’s way across the Appalachian Trail.
- Arrival screenwriter Eric Heisserer gives comics a try with his new series, Secret Weapons.
- Is it design, or is it illustration? Orbit Books’ Lauren Panepinto ponders the increasingly blurring line between the two on Muddy Colors.
- While you’re waiting on the American Gods TV series, check out the American Gods comic!