Welcome to February! We have a roundup of publishing news just waiting for you, but first, a delightful book-filled interlude. Shelf Awareness shared an image of a German program called VHH Bus. The bus company has installed bookcases in some of its vehicles so people can read while they ride, but even cooler—if you don’t finish your book? You can just take it home with you and return it the next time you take the bus! Can we have a fleet of these suckers?
- Chris Ware ponders the beauty of Krazy Kat, and the mysteries of George Herriman’s life.
- In this excerpt from Chuck Wendig’s Star Wars Aftermath: Empire’s End, Lando Calrissian confronts a baby.
- And heck, as long as we’re talking about Chuck Wendig, you might as well check out his interview in Locus.
- The Guardian‘s book club is deciding which Angela Carter book to read this month.
- Want 100 amazing debut science fiction and fantasy novels? Here you go.
- Over at The Millions, Habibe Jafarian relates how the word “existentialism” kicked off a lifelong love affair with books.
- Where to start with grimdark!
- Or, if realistic dystopias are more your speed, here are some of those.
- Strange Horizons has shared their issue of Indigenous SFF.