Daliyah Marie Arana is only four years old, but she’s already read over 1,000 books. She got to shadow Carla Hayden as an honorary Librarian of Congress for the day! It’s hard not to be awed by this tiny prodigy, and the Washington Post seems to agree.
Today we are also awed by the power of laughter, Terry Pratchett, and POVs from inanimate objects. You should probably look below for explanation.
- Two British book adaptations have received BAFTA nominations this year. Not that we’re counting, or anything…
- This interview from Inverse with Daniel Handler reveals that Lemony Snicket is perhaps a bit confused as to his continued popularity.
- We have won a Stabby Award for Best Website from r/fantasy! We can’t wait to have another sharp dagger lying around the office….
- A cover reveal and excerpt of Annalee Newitz’s Autonomous is up on BoingBoing!
- This apt tweet from the Carnegie Library about reading Margaret Atwood’s Hag-Seed serves as a helpful reminder! Humor is lifeblood, everyone. Laugh daily and often. (Also read Margaret Atwood, but we feel like that’s obvious.)
- Here’s a set of helpful and heartening Discworld quotes from Gizmodo!
- Carrie Vaughn is on the Barnes & Noble blog talking about her latest book, Martians Abroad, and how to handle having too many ideas.
- Where did the tradition of writing a book from the perspective of a pincushion or a dog or a train come from? Atlas Obscura has the answer….