Nnedi Okorafor recently shared the covers for the paperback edition of her novel Akata Witch as well as the forthcoming Akata Warrior, both created by Greg Ruth. The two have collaborated before, as Ruth illustrated the covers for the German editions of some of Okorafor’s novels. However, the Akata books provided a particular challenge, as he explains in a Muddy Colors blog post about race and artistic growth.
We’re back with the morning in publishing, from helping kids expand their reading comfort zones to lessons on social media for aspiring authors and agents alike.
- Fran Wilde is sharing her most anticipated books of 2017 on Twitter, one book per like… and it’s an impressive list, for more than one reason!
- In talking about Hidden Figures, Genevieve Valentine explains why science needs history.
- Roxane Gay poses with copies of the Black Panther issues she wrote:
- You have a little over a week left to participate in Booknest’s Fabulous Fantasy Fundraiser!
- Author and literary agent Eric Smith shares his lessons on publishing, conventions, and social media from 2016.
- And National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature Gene Luen Yang helps kids step out of their comfort zones!