We’re pretty sure that this ghost would have just dropped Scrooge off at a train station and gone on a bender all night. The Ghost of Christmas Future Imperfect Conditional doesn’t get out much.
This morning’s roundup
- Kevin Wada illustrated the cover for the paperback version of Rainbow Rowell’s Carry On, and it’s a sight to behold. And get smitten over.
- There is a brand new H.G. Wells story in print, and it’s full of ghostly happenings.
- Book Riot has us mulling over the genius of Shirley Jackson’s opening paragraphs. And if that’s not enough Jackson for you, here are some reviews of her work from the 50s and 60s.
- Hey, Myke Cole is on TV!
- Don’t ever forget Iceland’s yearly book flood…
- Get to know Italian SF author Francesco Verso with a few words on one of his favorite books.
- Speaking of which–find out more of your favorite authors’s favorite books!
- Blizzard Publishing is the brand new imprint coming from Blizzard Entertainment!
- Madeleine L’Engle’s granddaughter shares some memories of her grandmother….
- The Chicago Review gives us their Best Nonfiction picks for 2016.