Someone over at Harper Perennial noted that the title for the latest Fast and the Furious film–The Fate of the Furious–sounded a lot like a YA book. So they offered up this exquisite cover as proof.
Join us this morning for the truth about growing up in a library, thoughts on optimism, and hanging out at home with Mary Robinette Kowal!
- Zadie Smith talks about optimism and despair, and what novelists can do with both.
- Nisi Shawl mulls over end-of-the-year lists and “best of”s, awards and conventions….
- Electric Lit has picked their favorite literary adaptations of the year!
- Hang out at home with Mary Robinette Kowal in Chicago’s Ukranian Village:
- You can preorder a copy of Brandon Sanderson’s Snapshot over at Subterranean Press!
- What it was like to grow up in the Washington Heights branch of the New York Public Library….
- Drew Hayden Taylor talks about writing Native science fiction, and creating the stories that you cannot find.
- Foz Meadows ruminates on the topic of politics in fiction, and how and when a reader learns that stories have political dimensions.