It’s that time of year again: time to see how far you made it through your TBR pile! A Gathering of Shadows author V.E. Schwab will be putting us all to shame by hitting triple-digits, and makes a great point in the process about the importance of reading as much as you can. The morning publishing roundup also looks back on 2016 through book covers and ALL the best-of lists.
- Leonard, Hamilton: A Revolution, and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child all get the Goodreads Readers’ Choice Awards stamp of approval.
- We Need Diverse Books announces the winners of the 2016 WNDB Walter Grants.
- Greg Manchess tells Muddy Colors what he learned from creating 122 paintings in 11 months:
- All the Birds in the Sky and Time Travel are among the most beautiful book covers of 2016.
- Speaking of covers, Barnes & Noble Sci-Fi & Fantasy reveals Theodora Goss’ debut novel, The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter:
- Vulture and BookRiot were both big fans of The Underground Railroad, with the latter also giving some love to Malka Older and N.K. Jemisin.
- While Audible’s list of best audiobooks shares some favorites with the above lists, the overlapping part of the Venn diagram is pretty slim—check out their picks by genre and for best narrator.
- Join Booktubers @letsread, @kittygbooks, and @StevieFinegan on their Arcanum Unbounded Read-A-Long!