Forget winter, a winner is coming: Random House has donated the Ultra Limited Edition of its George R.R. Martin Box (#001, in fact) to Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary in New Mexico, who will auction it off. The winning bid will go toward rescuing and providing sanctuary for captive-bred wolfs and wolfdogs, a cause that is near and dear to Martin’s heart. And the winner will receive this epic box, containing all manner of treasures. The auction began on December 2nd (and wraps up December 9th), so hop to it! That and more, this morning in publishing.
- Stumped staring at your holiday gift list? Serial Box has a handy GIF(t) guide to which of its series is best suited for even the trickiest readers in your life.
- This Humans of New York entry was touching even before we saw the photo, but we appreciate the taste in fantasy novels:
- You know what you need in your life? An anthology of classic fantasy, edited by Jeff and Ann VanderMeer.
- Despite what you may have heard, reading does not give you superpowers.
- The B&N Sci-Fi and Fantasy Mailbag is back from break and opening ALL the winter galleys:
- Storytelling versus oversharing in the age of Snapchat.
- The Handmaid’s Tale director Reed Morano shares a moment on-set with Margaret Atwood: