Shelf Awareness shared this photo from a reading of Rejected Princesses: Tales of History’s Boldest Heroines, Hellions and Heretics, Jason Porath’s book of excellent women throughout history, Carmichael’s Bookstore in Louisville, Kentucky.
- We’d listen to Michael Chabon talk about anything, but writing advice is especially welcome!
- After much pondering, SCIENCE has agreed with Kurt Vonnegut that there are only six storylines. What do you think?
- Editor Jason Davis talks about the Herculean task of wrangling all of Harlan Ellison writings into an archive.
- Over at BookWitty, Gandalf’s awesomeness is questioned.
- Seattle’s EMP Museum, the home of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame, is changing its name to MoPop! It will now be the Museum of Pop Culture.
- Quirk Books asks: what if the X-Men were in a Gothic novel, instead of a comic?
- And finally, Terry Brooks explains why he writes about Elves: