The Sydney Writers’ Festival has unveiled the new design of Russ the Story Bus! Russ the Bus is “a creative space where children can browse a library full of the latest children’s books, choose a book to take home, listen to a story or hear authors and illustrators talk about their craft” and this year the bus will feature artwork from Shaun Tan. Russ will be hitting the Australian streets in November, you can find a full tour schedule here! Now click through to dive into a vast sea of publishing news.
- Grisha Trilogy and Six of Crows author Leigh Bardugo has inked a seven-figure deal for her new series, which will feature a Yale student with a criminal past who is tasked with investigating occult societies.
- “Yes, you’re an impostor. We all are. This is a career of impostors. It’s okay. Embrace it.” Chuck Wendig has some advice for those of you embarking on NaNoWriMo.
- President Obama has some reading recommendations for us.
- Read an excerpt from Jeff VanderMeer’s upcoming novel Borne! And once you’ve finished reading, enjoy this mindbending gif:
- Last Song Before Night author Ilana Teitelbaum talks about songwriting, Jewish Orthodoxy, and her new trilogy.
- Riverhead, a publishing house under Penguin Books, wanted to find a unique way to promote their fall book list, and it looks like they found it! They asked Stephen Powers, the man known in graffiti circles as ESPO, to created a fantastic mural:
- Cataract City author Craig Davidson talks about writing horror with Tobias Carroll:
- And Victor LaValle talks about horror with Maurice Broaddus!
- Finally, James L. Cambias would like to point out that George McFly is the worst sci-fi writer ever.