Gene Luen Yang’s #ReadingWithoutWalls challenge has arrived at the Salisbury Library, and the results are glorious. Have you tried the challenge?
This morning we’re engaging in a battle of Characters vs. Plot and learning about how to write horses!
- Our very favorite Martin Cahill is over at Barnes & Noble, talking about what books the characters from Steven Universe might have on their shelves.
- Kim Stanley Robinson has some super smart thoughts on how humans could plausibly colonize Mars.
- The next contributor to the Future Library is Icelandic author Sjón.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s Beren and Lúthien will be published in 2017!
- Watch books get reshelved in the Rose Main Reading Room of the New York Public Library. All 52,000 books in timelapsed glory.
- A computer has solved the old “Grandfather Paradox” of time travel… by adding another time machine.
- The SFWA blog has Rosalind Moran giving us helpful advice on how to write horses as living animals, not steed machines.
- Check out the KGB Fantastic Fiction reading series schedule!
- Fantasy Book Critic offers up a guest post to answer this essential question once and for all: What is more important–characters or plot?
- Leigh Bardugo is donating 10% of the sales of Crooked Kingdom to Girls Educational and Mentoring Services. Learn how Bardugo and other YA authors are becoming advocates for the themes their books tackle.